I didn’t look right; the image projected in front of me reminded me of those druggies I’ve seen at school. The ones that went into the handicapped stall to snort some cocaine, or pop pills between classes, the ones that never seemed to get caught, the girl in the mirror before me scared me.

                So as quickly and as neatly as I could I turned the warm water on and started scrubbing my face with my bare hands. Maybe if I scrub hard enough it’ll scrub away some of the past, if that’s what it took then that’s what I would do. Pretty soon I felt my face becoming irritated with the scrubbing and pressure so I slowly shut the water off and looked up at the reflection of the girl again. This time she just looked worse, her face red with blotches scattered about here and there. The past still the past and nothing really changed.

                I collapsed to the ground in a heap and started sobbing uncontrollably, why did this have to happen? I asked myself over and over. Why did it happen to me? Is this karma for how I acted towards somebody? Somebody close to me, or some stranger walking down the street? All these questions running through my brain, but one stuck out to me the most out of the others. Was what happened to me a result of karma?

                I just shook my head and dismissed the thought as I stood up and went back to the bathroom to actually get washed up for real this time. It couldn’t have had anything to do with karma, I mean I’ve always been decent to people. Or so I thought I had, who knows honestly, I can’t remember the past two freaking years!

                With a sigh I grabbed one of the towels the nurse had left in here earlier and started the water for the shower located in the adjoining bathroom. Although it took me quite a bit of time too even turn it on. One thing I hate about going away or anywhere you need to take a shower is the fact that half the time you don’t know how to turn the water on! It drives me up the wall I swear, especially when you’re only wearing a towel and have to holler for a friend or somebody to help you turn it on while you stand there looking dumb. That my friend, is one reason why I have learned to turn the water, then while it’s warming up get undressed and finally hop on in and clean yourself.

                I undressed and got on in slowly, letting my body get used to the adjustment of the cold air to the warm water. As the steam from the scalding water filled the room I released all my tension and just focused on scrubbing my hair.  

                I got out of the shower roughly thirty minutes later, dried off, and changed into some clothes lying on the counter. Thank god it wasn’t another hospital gown, I hate those things. I mean who wants a breeze when they are walking along just too simply go to the bathroom.  I know I sure in the heck don’t!

                After I got changed I wandered over to the mirror yet again, but this time I couldn’t see my reflection. I just grabbed the eye liner out and put it on. I didn’t exactly need a mirror anymore because I’ve done it for so long. It’s just one of those things you got used to.  I decided to be a little different and add a wing at the end of each eye, just a small one because I didn’t exactly like them, but I wanted to have a different look. Matching the black eye liner I put a bit of charcoal shadow on my upper and lower lids. Then to finish my look I slid on a coat of lip gloss and was finished.

                By the time I was done getting around and went back into the room itself I found Letty sitting in the chair that she must have pulled away from the bed and reading a book.

                “Is it a good book?” I asked walking slowly back into the room gesturing to what she was reading.

                “Actually yes it is it’s quite fascinating really. The boy Timmy see’s dead people and he just moved to Ireland to get away from everything with his father.” She replied, seemingly in a better mood than before.

                “Interesting,” I replied as I sat down on the hospital bed and flipped the T.V on.

                “It actually is believe it or not.” She told me in reply, closing her book after marking her spot.

                “Well I’ll have to read it then.”

                “You should, I really think you’d like it.”

                I turned to her and gave her a small smile, and flipped to the music station only to see the video for a song called by good time by owl city featuring Carly Rae Jepsen. The song didn’t seem that bad, and the girl seemed like she was pretty good but that guy singing looked like a creeper! I mean common, could be look any freakier? I shuddered at the thought of how creepy he looked. I looked over to see Letty looking at me while covering her mouth to keep from laughing.

                “What in the world are you laughing at?” I asked puzzled.

                “You, let me guess you’re thinking of how creepy that singer is aren’t you?”

                “How’d you know?”  I asked shocked.

                “You complained about it every single time you heard the song since you’ve seen the video.”

                “I did? We’ll at least I had some sense because my dear god he looks like he wants to sit outside my window and stalk me!”

                By then she couldn’t hold it in anymore and was laughing and was laughing so hard she was crying, which caused me to join in. I felt like I haven’t done this since we were in middle school and we were talking about different boys in our class. Basically it felt good, that was the only way to even begin to describe how it felt.

                Finally when I calmed down, I wiped the tears away from my face and caught my breath. I could tell I had a huge smile plastered on my face as I looked over to Letty who was the same way.

                “Hey did you find out when I get discharged?” I asked her, now completely utterly serious.

                “Yes actually I did, you get too go home tomorrow at eleven in the morning.”

                “Thank god, I just want to get out of here.”

                “I understand what you mean.”

                “Thanks for inviting me to your house to stay. It’s crazy to think that if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have a place to live.”

                “Georgia, it’s not a problem you’re like a sister to me. So therefore my home is yours and you should know that and don’t you ever forget it.” She said giving me a hug.

                “Thanks, and you’re right.”

                “Well I figured I was I mean come on I’m your best friend.”

                “That you are.” I replied and hugged her back. “Now come on lets go play with the elevator if they let us.”

A/N:

 ***Attached is the video and song for good time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen***

Ok first of all thanks for 342 reads! It’s amazing!!!!!! I really can’t believe that in like under a week My reads went up about 200! Thank you so much!!! :D

Second I’m sorry this chapter was kind of short, I’ve been busy here lately with a few other things so that’s why. But hopefully the next one will be ok!! :D

Third: If you comment with the word tree I'll dedicate the next chapter to the first tree comment :D

Teaser: Jake moving all of Georgia’s stuff to Letty’s house.

Next Update: 390 – 400 reads

Please be sure to Vote, Comment, and Rate