"I want to talk with you about all of this," Karla said, and I felt Charlie's hostile aura take place.

Claire squeezed past Karla and past Charlie at the door way, "I'm sorry, Chance." She apologized quickly and began to leave, "Karla, let's go." She pleaded, being sweet and obviously not wanting to make him angry. She was so damn nice.

Karla ignored her and Claire turned to take her leave, looking at me before going. "I'm sorry, Diana."

Me. She was apologizing to me.

Then she escaped. I just stood there like an idiot. "But- She- I should be sorry." I said quietly, and Savannah wrapped her arm around me.

"I want you to understand that when you got with Claire you started a relationship. And you lied to me about Diana, who's still in high school."

Savannah gasped beside me, and gave me shocked look. I blushed.

"Yeah? Well I'm her teacher too, what are you going to do, call the police? Forbid me from seeing her? You selfish bitch, I can take care of myself." He shouted, louder this time.

Karla gasped this time and Savannah retreated her arm from my shoulders to cover her mouth in shock. I crossed my arms uncomfortably.

"Get out." He demanded again, turning to walk like he did when he was mad.

They were in the living room, and Karla didn't yet look at me. "I'm not going to do any of that-" She started to speak softly, and he just kept getting even more angry.

"I want you to leave my house." He spoke, his voice directing around, sounding like he spoke to everyone else in the room.

My ears rang at the volume of his voice, and I stepped back uncomfortably, seeing as Savannah began to leave as well. Karla was about to call her, and I spoke quietly, "Well, I should get going..." I said, grabbing my keys.

"What?" Charlie turned to face me, "Why?'

I froze. What the hell was I supposed to say? "I need to go home...-"

"I don't want you to leave." He said with that pleading voice again, and I knew he was about to start begging. I internally cringed at him again, feeling bad at the thought of him doing that in front of his family.

"Really, I-"

"Please, don't leave, Diana."

I noticed as Karla and Savannah both froze before the door, looking back at him and I. He was only looking at me, his eyes warming mine. I didn't know what to do, what to say. Of course I wanted to stay, but I needed some time alone as well. He had said he loved me, he had said he was in love with me. "I'll be back." I promised, seeing as his face fell. "It's just so much right now," I admitted, trying to remind him that I was trying to understand that my father wasn't coming back. Trying to understand what he looked like, and how he smiled at me. How he told me he loved me, and said I looked like my mother. "I want to be alone." I said softly, seeing his expression still hadn't changed.

Savannah whispered to her mother that they should leave, and finally Karla listened. It was just Charlie and me. I was a little thankful, at the same time uneasy. "Please." He said again. "You left me before, please don't leave me again."

My heart broke, and I remembered how before I'd not been able to stand the clingy-ness he showed. I wouldn't look twice when walking away, but this was Charlie. Apparently he loved me, and I loved him as well. It was so hard to leave with him needy, desperate, and I hated how scared he suddenly looked. This grown man who lived with a glare, strong and mean. He looked so frightened. "I'll be back." I swore.