No Change In The Big Change

"Wake up." I hit him playfully, trying to roll him off me.

Charlie's head was on my chest and he was fast asleep. We kissed until it was late, and he took a nap on me, looking more innocent than ever. I ran my hands through his hair and he did nothing but pressed himself closer to me.

"Charlie." I groaned, trying to roll him over once again. "I can't breathe."

I nudged him one last time and he opened his eyes, looking up at me and raising himself off me. "Sorry..." He sleepily grumbled, hovered over me and running a hand through his messied hair. "What time is it?" He asked, and I reached over my nightstand for my phone.

"Like, six-fifty." I told him.

He sat up, straddling me, and sighed. "I have papers to look over." He said.

In all honesty after we admitted eachother's feelings, I didn't want him to leave. But of course, I had to let him. "Alright."

Charlie pulled me up along with him. "I wanna do this again." He said as we stood up.

I smiled. "Me too."

He walked out and down the stairs with me after him. I slipped my hand in his, turning him around to face me. When he did he took a step closer. "Charlie?" I said his name to make sure everything was truly happening, and I wasn't just going crazy.

"Diana?" He matched my tone, sliding his hand up my waist to grab a fist full of my hair and tilt me back, breathing on my neck affectionately, about to kiss me, but awaiting my time to speak.

I didn't know what I was supposed to say next. There was everything on my mind, the fact that he was touching me and only me, and the possibility that he truly did like me. I couldn't take things further yet, he didn't want that. So I slipped my hand out of his and ordered myself to calm down. "I'll see you tomorrow." I told him.

He stopped, pulling back and looking at me curiously. "Yeah." He playfully pinched my cheek and left. Making me feel lonely, and wonder if he was even there in the first place.

I swear to god I'm going crazy...

When I got ready for bed I finished my homework and read my father's notes. I fell asleep like a baby.

...

It was Saturday and I woke up a little early. I met up with Connor to drive to the hospital to visit Erin. "Did you hear anything yet?" I asked him as he drove carefully along the highway in his parents' fancy Mercades.

He looked over at me for a split second then his eyes flashed over, back onto the rode. "No, not yet. Hopefully when we get there she'll be awake." He said with a yawn.

I sighed and checked the time, seeing it was still only eight o'clock.

I had a deep feeling in my gut that when we got there she'd still be asleep, and I feared that so much.

I thought over the previous day, and how Charlie just was casually at my house. He, a man in his late twenties, admitted his... feelings to me, an eighteen-year-old. I'm practically still a teenager, and a child. He said so himself.

So what if I was the one being used? Just since he was once a grumpy asshole who probably couldn't find a real woman to like him, so he decided he could get something out of me. Was I thinking too into it, or was it true? I wanted to believe he really liked me, but the man and I were nine years apart. He even said so himself that Andy was too old for me, and Andy and I had a seven years difference.

But then again, he had many women in the school district drooling over him, and he turned them away. Funny, what handsome looks can do to an asshole.