What Is Modesty

Hey everybody!!! 

I know... It's been... a while, but I've been crazy busy all summer, and very much distracted. I probably use that excuse a lot, but I know I haven't been back for a while, so I owe it to all of you to give you all a chapter! I see it's pretty short, so I'll go ahead and post the chapter after this one and hope that'll be enough. Thanks for the support and let me know what you think!

- cilla

ps. I've missed all of you 

I didn't want to finish my project, but I knew I was going to have to start with it soon or else I'd never get it done. Months previous to then I'd already have it finished, but I had turned lazy and was living in the unrealistic life with a famous man who tried to get me whatever I wanted. Sure, it was nice. It was actually amazing and I loved it, but at the same time I was hoping it would soon stop before any of it got to my head. I didn't want to turn into a brat and I didn't want him buying me things all the time. Sometimes he'd even get mad at me for buying myself things. Like clothes, and groceries for my house...

I found it incredibly sweet that he wanted to provide for me but I had to remind him that I was capable of getting these things myself. My parents saved plenty of money for us, their kids, and only us.

I had stayed after school to finish my project because I knew if I was at Andy's doing it, I wouldn't be doing it at all. I was almost finished, having only a few notes to write down and remembered half my random notes were in my English folder. After opening that I stared at it long and hard, goosebumps attacking me and heat clawing its way to my face.

"Oh." I said quietly to myself.

My teacher called my name and said she was leaving. I looked up at her and nodded, stuffing everything but my English folder in my bag. I left as my teacher was and immediately began walking to my calculus teacher.

The door was cracked, which was rare. I opened it and saw him sitting there, glasses on and narrowing those once-warm eyes down at people's homework. As soon as I walked in he looked up, meeting my eyes with wide and surprised ones. "What do you-"

"What the hell is this?" I shut the door and dropped my things, opening my folder and taking out a couple papers with both our names signed, titled Maven. I held it up to show it to him.

He looked back at me in irritation, "You obviously know what it is."

"Why is it in here?"

"Because it's yours." He said, looking back down at his papers and continued grading.

I sighed, feeling even worse inside. I didn't deserve the garden, after being the terrible person I was. "I can't take this, you know that."

He clenched his jaw as he met my eyes once again. I held in the nerves that overflowed me at his scary expression. After all we did together, I asked myself why I was still afraid of him. "You can and you will."