The News

His phone went off eventually and he cursed. "It's always yours." I joked.

Charlie rolled off me and picked it up, reading the caller ID. "Your brothers are so damn clingy." He grumbled before pressing the answer button.

I rolled the opposite way to get up but he grabbed my hand before I did and tugged me close. I laughed at him because in my mind I was thinking, so are you. But I said nothing and welcomed the way he embraced me.

"What." He growled into the phone, making me believe he was angry, but the way he pulled me to his chest changed that.

"Where are you?" I heard Austin calmly ask, and he made it clear how they were used to Charlie's tone.

"Home." He answered bluntly.

"I thought you were coming back to meet us."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on my way." He sighed out, hanging up without a goodbye and facing me right away. "I feel like I shouldn't leave you." He said plainly.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine." I told him passively.

"I'm tired of hearing you say that." He grumbled.

I looked at him funny as if to ask what he was talking about and he wound his arms around my waist. "You know it's okay to not be fine every once-in-awhile."

"You know it's also okay to smile every once-in-a-while."

He stared me in the eyes and it seemed something overcame him, and a smile spread across his lips and reached his eyes. I felt so lucky in that moment to witness it, and to be the cause of something so perfect.

"I've been pretty happy lately." He admitted to me.

"That's good."

"I guess it's because of you." He said with such casualty I almost dismissed his comment. When his words ran through my head I looked at him in shock and he smiled again. "You're cute." He chuckled.

I just wanted to kiss him senseless in that moment because I had never heard such words from a man like him. Neither do I know a man like him, other than him of course. I felt the heat from his stare and it made my cheeks go pink. He had told me that I made him happy, what was I supposed to do now?

I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him hard, taking him to surprise and I rolled over onto him. He regained himself and kissed me back, sitting up and sitting me on his lap. I wrapped my legs around him tightly and felt him matching my roughness.

Soon he was sliding his hands up my shirt and I took that as premission to practically rip his off. He tossed his shirt to the side and went down my neck, he pushed forward and ended up hovering over me once again. His hands lingered at the hem of my shirt and suddenly he looked me in the eyes. There was so much aggression and lust in them I let out an uncontrolled shiver.

I put my hands over his and helped him slip it off. The two of us were shirtless at the time and he froze to look me over hungrily. In an instant we began grabbing at eachother and our kisses got hotter every second. So hot I was sure we were about to have sex, but while my hands were at the button of his pants and his at my bra, the sound of my front door slamming alarmed the both of us.

We froze and looked at eachother with heavy breathing. "Diana?" Connor's voice shouted from the bottom of the stairs and Charlie clenched the bedsheets beneath me.

"What is he doing here?" He asked in confusion. "Does he have a key?"

"No, some idiot must've left the door unlocked, again." I said in a shushed and irritated tone, sitting up and him rolling off as we heard as Connor's steps got closer to my room.