A Lying Bitch, Too

The low came just as I had expected. It hurt. Of course, I deserved all the pain possible then, not Andy. Not the one who loved me, not the one who tried to buy me the world. My heartless self was surprisingly still going strong. My life felt dull, and my so-called-heart turned grey, I never cried once.

My brothers were suddenly becoming quite busy. The weather change caused allergies and illnesses everywhere for Austin. Chris had his solo psychology business booming before he knew it. His client numbers went higher than before, and Austin and Bailey had been making bank as their paranoid clients swarmed in like flies.

I could tell Chris was trying his best to resist being overwhelmed, and he soon had to call me for help with organizing his client files. It was a good distraction from my painful life, and it gave me one-on-one time with my brother, having me feel like a normal teenager who thought about college.

I remembered how Andy sat me on his lap and began looking for colleges for me. It didn't last long. My heart turned hollow at the memory.

Austin's daughter's birthday was coming up, so everyone was busy with something.

It was around two or three weeks after I ended things with Andy, and after ignoring his calls and having the same discussions when he came by my house to plead, he listened, of course, reluctantly. I was quite good at convincing these days.

I was alone in my house, since that had also become normal after the few weeks. The guys had to stop coming by, only Chris did to pick up files I had for him. I wasn't paying much attention, I was mostly just lounging around my house in boredom. It was a Saturday, so of course there wasn't much to do.

The television was on. It was never on, but I had this feeling. And I was right, too, because thirty minutes into some show, there was breaking news on Extra. I felt as my heart sped up, and before I knew it I was watching Andy Carl and an absolute gorgeous woman hold hands and wave like royalty. He looked so business-like, so professional. She did, too. In her designer business outfit and beautiful smile, they looked perfect for each other. It zoomed in up close on the girl's ring. It was huge.

I waited until the name came along, and didn't flinch when I heard them say Andy Carl- Millionaire Businessman- was getting married to Jacquelyn Bridges- Daughter Of  Rich And Famous CEO, Robert Bridges- And their businesses were going to merge, going to create beautiful children to extend the legacy. I hated how professional Andy looked, and had to remind myself that he would learn to love her. I wished he smiled brightly, happily, but he kept his business-stone-faced look.

It hurt like hell.

Eventually I had to turn all electronics off, since Andy was everywhere. The internet, the television, magazines, it's all happened so quickly.

It was Sunday morning, I was in my living room, playing Frank Sinatra and dancing around while eating chocolate covered pomegranates. I was letting out my woman frustrations, upset at myself but proud at the same time for letting go of someone I loved, someone who loved me.

It was for the best.

But while I was in the middle of listening to Fly Me To The Moon, my front door was shoved open and it made a loud slam! that caused me to flinch and my heart pound. To make my pulse worse, it was Mr. Grant.

I couldn't speak, and only stood there in shock as he approached me fast and lividly. I was so fucking scared then, because the look in his eyes was almost murderous.

"You lying bitch." He shouted as the door slammed shut, making me flinch again.

I stared up at his fiery brown eyes and for a split second I thought he would strangle me. I still said nothing, watching as his red face glared roughly at me. "If you didn't like me, you should've said so," He yelled in my face, leaning into me while I tried to distance myself.