Another Secret to Keep

We kissed, did other stuff, and I woke up the next morning to both phones ringing loudly. "What the hell?" I sighed, Charlie still dead asleep on me.

I nudged him roughly and he didn't budge. I tried to roll him over but he was in such a deep sleep he was comatose. "Idiot, wake up." I told him.

His eyes soon opened and he rubbed his head, leaning over me subconsciously. "What," He growled at me, seeming irritated.

"Your phone is going off."

"So is yours." He shot back accusingly.

I escaped from beneath him and grabbed my phone, slipping on his shirt in the process. He could never be mad at me when I wore his clothes. Strange man.

"Hello?" I answered, not bothering with caller ID.

"Where have you been?" I heard Chris' voice into the phone, stern and accusing, angry but tame.

Charlie on his bed took his phone too and rolled is eyes. "What Bailey." I heard him demand.

What is with those boys?

"What do you mean?" I asked Chris.

"We've been at the house all day and you're still not here. We haven't heard from you in too long."

"I've been out, busy, it's winter break, I can take care of myself, thank you."

"Get home." He demanded.

I hung up and checked the time, sitting on the couch in the living room. It was two in the afternoon. "Well that's one day wasted." I sighed.

Charlie appeared. "You needed your sleep." He said passively.

I smirked. "Why is that?"

"Oh, don't start with the teasing now." He grumbled.

I looked at him strangely, "What's with you?"

He looked at me, seeming to soften. "I'm still trying to process the fact that I got along with my family." He said in stress.

"That's why you're so moody?"

"Aren't you supposed to be somewhere, Diana?" He asked boredly, suddenly wanting to get rid of me. I guess I was wrong about the shirt theory, but why did he want me gone? I was offended, and exhausted of dealing with his sudden mood swings. I believed he needed time to think about his family alone, too. And I pretended not to be hurt when I left his place.

"See you later." I told him casually after I dressed as I exited through the door. It made my heart heavy, leaving with him wanting me gone.

At home, the guys didn't seem as angry as I expected. They were just quiet. I was sad, thinking of Charlie. Why the hell did he practically kick me out?

I was in my room, locked up with my thoughts.

Then there was a knock at the door and I heard his voice as he came inside.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" Bailey's exaggerated voice said. "Where's Diana? I've barely seen her, too, and she decides to chill in her room? Why does she hate us?" He whined, seeming to make me hear purposely.

I rolled my eyes.

I faintly heard Austin tell him to be quiet. "She's probably upset. Dad's annual letter hasn't gone through, I assume."

Then I realized why it was me who wanted to be distracted. He hadn't mailed me. He was dead.

No.

I didn't cry, I was just angry at myself, sitting at my desk and drawing a picture of what I remembered of him. What made things worse... I could barely remember his face.