Catan & Cancün

"This is boring." Cole complained as we chilled out in his house.

Connor shot him a glare. "We're watching a movie, shut up."

He listened. For five minutes. Then Cole shot up from the couch and cursed loudly, interrupting our movie. We groaned. "I'm failing calculus!" He shouted miserably while staring at his phone in disbelief.

My heart quickened just thinking about him. "How bad?" I asked quietly.

"A fucking fifty-five."

I cringed for him along with everyone else and we all immediately got out our phones, checking our grades online.

"Goddammit." Erin grumbled.

"What is it?" I asked cautiously.

"A sixty."

"Mine's a fifty-five, too." Connor said in anger.

I suddenly felt terrible. I felt it was all my fault. Why was he such an angry man? I deserved the punishment, not every single student he taught.

"What's yours Diana?" Cole asked with a huff.

I felt my nerves pulling at all side of me, and I feared the worse. It was probably a forty, or maybe lower. I wanted to cry. I scrolled on my phone and entered in my username and password from the school. The site recognized my student ID and my grades popped up.

IB Art: 100

IB Literature: 99

History of the Americas: 99

IB Spanish V: 100

Advanced Geo: 98

Orchestra Chamber: 100

Advanced Calculus: 87

My jaw dropped.

He didn't fail me.

"What is it??" They asked eagerly, grabbing at my phone.

I stuffed it in my pocket and buried my face in my hands. I knew for a fact I should be failing along with everyone else. And it broke me knowing he still didn't want to.

"What is it, Diana??" Cole bugged.

"He failed you pretty bad, huh." Erin said in sympathy.

I sighed and looked up at them. "Yeah." I said. "Pretty bad."

...

The three of them came up to me before I left for lunch and I tried to ignore the fact that... Mr. Grant was still in his room. His door was opened, since Mr. Joseph was talking to him.

"Why aren't you eating with us?" Cole asked, stuffing french fries in his mouth.

I grabbed my bag and Erin answered for me. "Her lover is taking her out." She gave me a wink and I flushed in fear, but knowing they took it as embarrassment.

"Lover? Diana?" Mr. Joseph said at the door way of Mr. Grant's classroom.

Lord end my life, please.

I shook my head, "I have to go-" I began, but Erin didn't shut her stupid mouth.

"Her and Andy Carl." She said giddily.

"Erin, shut up." I snapped, praying Mr. Grant wasn't listening because I didn't want him to hate me more than he already did. If that was even possible.

"So the rumors are true?" The sweet old man said with a crinkle in his eyes.

I said nothing and he laughed, walking off to his classroom. They all looked at me and I ran out of that building as quick as I could, seeing Andy was already there, pulled up in his fancy Audie and smiling warmly at me.