Up Above

A couple weeks ago, Naruto left Konoha to find Lady Tsunade. While I have the rest of my cousins, I have to admit that it's not the same without him. No pranks to pull, although he denies doing them, no fun to escape the pressure of my everyday life. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to be the destined Dobutsu no Gadian, gatekeeper of Sogakure and lifelong friend of Hoopvul. The one with divine powers who can speak to all animals. I feel bad for Luna, though, she's got it way worse than me. Not only will she have to live the rest of her life far away from everyone she knows, but she got informed of some rather shocking news by Megami in her last visit. Let me tell you the story.

I had come home from messing around with Naruto and was in a pretty good mood. That mood was made even better when the best, and only alive aunt in the world, (for me,) paid a visit. Not only that, but she came ON TIME for her weekly visits. The court of gods is a mess, I honestly pity all of its members. Anyway, her and her divine aura came floating down from above, and caused a smile to dawn my face. "Megami! You're back!" I screamed in greeting, giving her a hug. She chuckled and patted me on the head. "It's nice to see you again too, Hana." Luna came in gracefully then, as if she floated. She honestly might've been. "Mom, nice to see you again," she dipped her greeting, and Megami did the same. "Ah, Luna, it's wonderful to see you too. I have some news, and it might not be the easiest to take." Luna whipped her head up, her neutral expression completely gone. "What is it?! Are you going to tell me about the heavens?! How's Kami?! Wait, are you going to tell me who my dad is?!" Megami shifted uncomfortably.                       "The last one, kind of. Just... Let me tell you a story."

"There was a woman Oon, she was beautiful and radiated power. Everyone she walked past immediately bowed down, and soon she ruled all Shinobi Nations and beyond. She felt too constricted by this space, and the gods took note of this. They had watched her carefully since she had appeared and were now certain, she was a god's child. This was treason, as no immortal is allowed to have a child with a mortal human. The gods were each accusing each other, and it was chaos. All this chaos ended when a recent god spoke up. "It was I!" He had yelled. "I had a child with a mortal woman and it is the woman you argue over! You must leave my daughter alone! I command it!" The gods laughed and teamed up against the god, but were shocked when he murdered them all. The last one left sneered as he neared her. "Amaterasu," he had said, his voice betraying no emotion. "You are the god of love, yet you do not accept my courtship. Even though you forced it to happen. You used your magic on me and a mortal woman and forced us together. Why?" Amaterasu smirked triumphantly and laughed, before explaining why she had done what she did. "Kami, Kami, Kami. Are you so naive that you don't realise your own power? You have more strength that any god here, and so you must be the purest of us all. Yet, Kami, I can't have that. Before you came along, I was the most powerful, I had everyone's love and attention, but then it was yours, and that can't happen, can it? I forced this to happen in the hope that those idiots would kill you off, but I guess I have to do everything around here." As Amaterasu prepared to fight, Kami stood still, confusing and angering the god. "What are you waiting for Kami?! Fight me! Fight me you idiot!" Kami chuckled.                                    "Amaterasu, you are so blinded by anger, you forget my abilities. I banish you to the night sky, where no one will ever see you again." Amaterasu cried out in rage, but it was too late, she was nothing but a star in the night. With that, Kami began his lone rule, carefully watching his descendants, but as his love for them grew stronger, his prison for Amaterasu grew weaker, as she fed off of the love he felt. Once she was free enough to use her magic, she cast a curse upon Kami's bloodline. He made it so that none with his full magic can fall in love, their bodies will just choose to have a child, and the will have no choice in the matter. Kami had realised what she did, but it was too late, he could not reverse the curse. In response, he killed Amaterasu, and watched his descendants with sadness. Eventually, he decided the God's Court needed to be reborn, and he created new gods, and allowed his descendants a seat. His descendants are us, the Mori no Megami."

Me and Luna looked at Megami in shock, and Luna dashed off. Now, she has not left her room, only meditating and speaking in tongues, a holy language those with god's blood can speak naturally. I have not seen her in weeks, neither with Megami, until now. "Hana," I heard a voice say from behind, and turned to see Megami there. "The Court has decided, since you and Luna have reached Sogakure, it is time you leave this world to train in the heavens, you will be gone for three years and you will leave now." With that, I felt everything around me change, and I saw myself standing on clouds, wearing a white silk dress, Luna at my side.

A/N: This is the end of Lady of the Savannah, and I will start uploading Emma Holt: The Fire Bird of Mycea (Andesite's Story) next Friday. I hope you all are satisfied with the ending, and I hope to see you in the prequel!