Surgery

Felix's POV

As soon as I turned eighteen, I had my surgery scheduled. Since my parents didn't have a say in it, I signed all the paperwork. Of course, they found out and promptly kicked me out.

Said they refuse to have a daughter that can't be a daughter. Good thing I won't be their daughter or their son. They just lost their right when they kicked me out. On the plus side, my aunt and uncle were more accepting and took me in.

To them, it didn't matter. You love kids, no matter what - Justin's parent's rock. My parents were a bunch of dill holes.

I told everyone, and they all agreed to go and support me. Well, that was after Brook begged her dads to excuse them for missing school. I walked into the hospital and saw them all sitting there waiting. They stood up, and I walked over to them.

"Surprise," Corbin yelled. I chuckled.

"I didn't think you all wouldn't be here until later," I told them.

"Sometimes we need reassurance," Blake said as I nodded. They wished me luck, and I made my way back. After today I would be entirely male. It had been a long time coming. Two years of therapy and one year of hormone therapy, to get to this point.

They had me remove my clothes and change into a hospital gown and prepped me. They gave me something to relax me. Then wheeled me back to the operating room.

The doctor talked to me, and I nodded before they placed a mask on me, as they gave me anesthetic. From there, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

********
Blake's POV

We all sat there waiting. Of course Corbin paced.

"How do you think they will do it," Jeff asked.

"Probably create one and attach it," I replied.

"Will it get hard," Corbin asked. We all looked at him. "It's a viable question." He shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure," I rolled my eyes. My boyfriend was unholy. While we're asking questions like how it works, he's wondering if Felix will have an erection.

We waited for most of the day until someone came out to the waiting room, "is the family of Felix Sampson here?"

Justin got up and walked over to her. She spoke with him then he turned around and gave us a thumbs up. That was a good sign.

She took him back so he could see Felix. Of course, Corbin whined until he relented and allowed him to go back as well. That should be good.

********
Corbin's POV

We walked to the area Felix was. He was waking up. He was sitting in the bed, drinking juice and eating cookies.

"How are you feeling," Justin asked him.

"Rough," he said as he sipped his juice.

"Have you seen what it looks like," I asked him.

"Here take a look," he said, whipping off his covers.

"Whoa!" Justin and I said. "Dear God, cover yourself!"

He shrugged as he placed the sheet over him, "well you asked."

"I asked if you saw it. I don't want to see your junk," I groaned.

He shrugged as he ate a cookie.

"So, how long is it until you recover," Justin asked him.

"Everyone's different. As long as I take care of the surgical area, I should be fine," Felix replied.

"How do you feel about this," I asked him.

"Relieved. I know it's a lot to go through, but I finally feel how I should feel - no more wearing a prosthetic. That's a relief," he said as we nodded.

We visited for a few minutes. They wouldn't let anyone see Felix until they had him in a room. We left and walked towards the waiting room. Justin stopped me, "Corbin?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for everything I did to you. I never wanted to do those things."

"Justin, we all have choices in our lives. We can either do the right thing or the wrong, but it's still a choice." He looked at me. "But I accept your apology."

"Thanks."

As we started to walk, I decided to pay someone a visit. It was time. I veered off and made my way to their hospital room. When I came to it, I stood there. I looked at him. Chaz sat in a wheelchair, in a vegetable state as drool fell from his mouth.

His hate led to his punishment. He would be like the rest of his life, and it was his own doing. I wish I could say I feel bad for him, but I don't. Do I forgive him? Yep. But not for him, but myself. Unlike him, I can't carry around hate. It doesn't do anyone any good.

I turned and walked down the hospital hallway.

I came out to the waiting room and saw everyone. I took a seat next to Blake.

"Where did you run off to," he asked me.

"First of all, I don't run. I frolick. Get it right," I grinned, and Blake chuckled. "I went to see Chaz."

He looked at me.

"And?"

"Hate is so ugly. It will destroy you. I don't want to be the kind of person that hates someone forever. I would rather love people," I said as I look at him. He nodded. I may joke around and have fun, but seeing Chaz in the state he's in made me realize that I don't want to end up like that. It's not worth it.

*********
Felix's POV

They moved me to a room and gave me something for pain. Once the anesthetic wore off, I was in pain. I laid in my bed as people came to see me, but they didn't stay long. I was kind of glad since I was tired from the medication.

Brenda came in and visited with me for a while.

"How are you feeling?"

"Sore but after a while, I'll be up in no time, and we can go on a date," I said with a small smile.

"Can't wait," she said.

We talked for a while, and I yawned. Brenda got up to leave when I said, "stay with me."

"Are you sure? I can get one of your other friends," she offered.

"I'm sure. Please stay," I said.

"Okay," she smiled. She took a seat next to my bed, and I closed my eyes. Then I felt her touch my hand. That gave me comfort.

Going through something significant like this was hard because you feel alone, but having someone there for you, makes you feel better. For me, this was everything.

As I slept, she stayed. Right there told me everything I needed to know about the type of person Brenda was, and that was fine by me.