Not everything is as it seems

Corbin's POV

I found Felix at his locker and decided to find out what the hell was going on with him. Yeah, I know, I'm nosy, but I don't care. I figure I would follow Blake's approach.

"Hey Felix," I said as I walked up to him.

"Hey Corbin," he greeted me.

"So, you and Brook, huh?" I wiggled my brows at him. Okay, so not the direct approach but you get the drift.

"Yeah, there's just something about her. I can't explain," Felix said wistfully.

"Oh cut the crap," I demanded.

"Huh?" He looked at me, confused.

"You have no interest in Brook whatsoever. Who are you trying to kid?"

"Who says I don't?" He gave me a challenging look.

I gave him a "are you kidding me" look.

"Would it be so far fetched that I may like her?"

"Do you think we're stupid?"

"Welllll."

"Don't answer that." I huffed.

"Corbin, what's the big deal? So, I like Brook."

"The big deal is you don't like Brook, and you know Jeff does. Felix, we're supposed to be friends. Friends don't do this to each other. You may have your reasons, which are stupid by the way, but you do this, it will wreck your friendship. Not with me but with the others," I told him.

"Why not with you," he inquired.

"Well, because I'm fabulous and awesome," I told him.

"Corbin there are some things you wouldn't understand," he said as he closed his locker and left.

Wouldn't I understand? Like you left me hanging? Doof.

I swear my friends need to get it together. It was tiresome as it was.

All-day Felix was avoiding any questions I had. He's not making this easy for me. He kept trying to divert Brook's attention from Jeff. I wanted to redirect it back. It was like a three-ring circus, and I was the freaking monkey in the middle. At some point, he's going to come clean. It's just a matter of when I can make him and oh how I will make him.

*********
Felix's POV

I practically spent all day trying to dodge Corbin's questions and still do what I had to do. I hated this. It's not that I didn't want to be honest; I don't think they would understand.

I met up with Chaz and his stupid sidekick Brent.

"Well," Chaz asked me.

"I'm working on it."

"Work faster," he demanded.

"Why is this so important to you, anyway? Why not leave them alone," I asked him.

"That piece of shit fag practically made my brother's life hell and almost killed him. Thanks to your faggot friend, all school activities got canceled, all because queers want to rule the world. That family deserves everything they get. And don't forget I know you were one of the people that attacked me the night of homecoming. It would be a shame if people knew what you truly are and your dirty little secret came to light," he hissed.

I glared at him.

"You have until Halloween, or I will tell everyone that," he whispered the rest in my ear. He smirked as they walked away. I hated this. I only needed a few more weeks then I could finish what I started.

I walked home, thinking about everything. Then I took a detour. I knocked on a door, and someone answered it.

I stepped inside, and they closed it.

"Felix? What's wrong," Justin asked me.

"I have a problem, and I don't know what to do," I told him as he nodded.

We stood in his kitchen. I leaned with back on the counter.

"You got to tell them," he advised.

"Tell them what? Justin, you're the only person besides someone else that knows," I told him.

He looked at me.

"Felix, you know I'll support you in whatever decision you decide to do. You're my cousin," he assured me.

"I wish my parents were more accepting, like you," I sighed.

"You know how they are. It's no secret that your parents prefer appearances over someone being happy," he reasoned.

That was reassuring. Justin was the only family member I told. My parents were no. They would kick me out if they knew. Thank god they're never home.

"Felix, something else is going on. What is it?"

I took a deep breath and said, "Chaz knows."

"What?" He looked at me, surprised.

I looked at him as I fidgeted.

"Felix, how the hell did he find out," he asked me.

"I screwed up."

"You didn't?" He looked at me. I looked away. "Felix," he said.

"Justin, he's threatening to tell everyone if I don't come between Jeff and Brook," I exclaimed.

"So, you're willing to risk your friendship over a secret?!"

"What about you?! It's not like you're squeaky clean! You knew about homecoming and said nothing! Do you have any idea how I felt to find out afterward you knew and didn't bother to tell me?!"

He furrowed his brows at me.

"You know how much he hates Corbin, Blake, the Hardwick's. It doesn't matter that he's wrong, you still went along with him," I accused him.

"And it was stupid," he said defensively.

"It doesn't matter. Either I come clean or lose friends. FML," I huffed. At this matter, I broke down. Justin walked towards me and hugged me. I hugged him back and cried.

No one knows what it's like to deal with what I've been dealing with in my life. How every day I wake up and have to hide who I am. It's a sucky feeling when all you want to do is tell people the truth, but how would they understand.

How would they understand that no matter what, being who you genuinely want to be is what makes you happy? They wouldn't. At least not where I was concerned. Because in the end, everyone judges you. Maybe one day, I can tell people, but right now, it tore me.