The cat's out of the bag

Blake's POV

"Okay, so what you're saying is the kid that practically lives at our house and has a mega crush on you, you also like," Wade asked me.

"Pretty much," I replied.

"How long have you liked him," Cole asked me.

I thought about then said, "four years."

They did a double-take, "four years?!"

"Pretty much," I said casually.

"Is that why you've been so moody for four years," Wade asked me.

"Well, yeah," I nodded.

"That's a long time to be moody," Cole whistled.

"Anything else you care to tell us," Wade asked me as my siblings and sister in law watched us as they ate brownies.

"I've been talking to him on Instagram, and he thinks I'm someone else. We kissed at the party with him thinking I was that person. Then he confessed he had the hots for me without realizing it was me. We went for coffee, and I tackled him before kissing him again," I confessed.

Cade, Brook and Andi choked on their brownie as Cole said, "Well, this just took an interesting turn."

Wade facepalmed himself.

I looked at them and gave them a small smile.

As we sat there and they tried to wrap their minds around what I just told them, my phone went off. I checked it.

So I'm a bit screwed right now. - corbthefab

How so?

Well, my crush told me he's gay then tackled me before kissing me. I told him I didn't want anything to do with him until he was honest with people. I think he hates me. - corbthefab

I don't think he hates you, but people need to do things on their terms.

"Righttttt. I'll file that under dreams. - corbthefab

"Please tell me you're not talking to Corbin right now," Wade said to me.

"I would, but that would be a lie, and Aunt Rain said it breaks a rule," I answered him.

He looked at Cole, "this just gets better and better."

"Uh-huh."

I don't know. Maybe I should keep my distance. - corbthefab

I don't think you should.

Why not? - corbthefab

Because maybe you're overreacting.

What?! I am so not overreacting! - corbthefab

Just a bit.

🤨 - corbthefab

Or not 🤷🏻‍♂️.

They all looked at me.

"Sorry, I'm just telling him not to keep his distance from me. But he's a drama queen," I shrugged.

"This is better than most teen shows," Cade said as they all looked at him. He leaned on his hand and watched me.

Just give it some thought. Do you want to give up a chance to be happy?

Good point. I'll think about it. - corbthefab

I logged off and put my phone away. I looked at them as we heard someone say, "where is everyone?"

"In the kitchen," Cole yelled.

Rain and Antonio walked in.

"Brownies? Yuck," Rain contorted her face. Cole got up and walked over to the cabinet and pulled out the cake. "Better. Is it vanilla?"

"Of course," he assured her.

"Okay."

"Why do you all look majorly confused," Antonio asked us.

"Because Blake is homosexual and everyone is always confused. Pay attention," Rain said to him.

He looked at me as I gave a sheepish smile.

"Wait. How did you know," Antonio asked Rain.

"He told me because he tells me everything like that boy that was mean to him - making him do things and laughing. Which I don't think is very nice if someone likes you," she told him as I buried my face in my hands.

"I like Brook's little friend a lot better. He reminds me of Wade. He's funny and nice," she said as she took a bite of cake.

They all looked at me. I cringed.

She wrinkled her nose, "now what," Antonio asked her.

"This is store-bought. Not Cole's cake. He makes better cakes. Here, I don't want it," she said, handing him the plate. He took it and sighed.

She turned to Cole, "why would you give me the wrong cake?"

"I didn't have time to make a cake," he answered.

"But you always make a cake. You can't stop because you don't have time. That's not right," Rain told Cole.

"I promise to make cake from now on," he answered.

"Okay." Then she looked at me, "I'm glad you were honest. You deserve to be happy."

I looked at her. I smiled. I love Aunt Rain. She may be blunt, but she cared. We got close when I started spending time with the therapy horses. We talked a lot.

"Now, don't forget next weekend we are spending it together like we do every weekend," she announced and they all looked at me.

"Is that where you've been going," Wade asked me.

"I already answered that. Pay attention Wade," Rain ordered him.

"Sorry, you did," he replied as she smiled.

"Rain, we didn't know. Blake didn't tell us," Cole told her.

"Oh. Was I not supposed to say anything?" She started to get upset when Cole got up, and so did I.

I took her hands in mine, "it's okay. I don't mind. I didn't say anything because it gives me a chance to spend time with you alone. Like just you and me. Because you're special to me, what my mom should have been but thanks to her, I got an amazing family out of it," I reassured her.

"Because you're special, like me. You're kind, nice, and funny. You make me laugh and smile. You're my friend," she smiled as everyone watched us. That was the thing; Rain understood better than anyone what I went through when I was younger.

People had been mean to her like they were with me. At times I felt so alone, but with her, I never felt like that and I didn't feel the need to be anyone but myself. She showed me it was okay to be who I am.

Antonio just ate his cake. My uncle was a smart man. He knew more about my aunt than anyone, even when she does call him a doof.

That just made me more determined to show Corbin I was severe. I knew it was going to take some work, but I hope he knows I'm serious. Hopefully, he will.