Horses

Blake's POV

I drove up to the stables and got out. I walked over to Aunt Rain, who was petting one of the horses.

"Hey, Aunt Rain," I greeted her.

"You didn't come yesterday," she told me.

"I know. I stayed home. Brook had a party and told her it was a bad idea," I explained.

"Because she broke the rules. You follow the rules, so we don't have chaos and anarchy. When you have both, you go to jail. Do you want to go to jail?"

"Not really," I said.

She looked at me, "you're not telling me the truth."

"Huh?"

"You're omitting details which are the same as lying. Don't lie. It's a rule," Rain told me.

Well, damn.

I looked at her and finally said, "Aunt Rain, I'm a homosexual."

She walked over to me and patted my cheek, "you used the correct terminology. Good for you. What does being a homosexual have to do with the reason you didn't come yesterday? You see me every weekend," she furrowed her brows.

"There is this guy that I like, and he was going to be there," I said to her.

"Okay."

"The only thing is he doesn't know. Another thing is I have been talking to him, and he doesn't know it's me," I told Rain.

"So you're lying to him," she asked me.

"Well, not exactly."

"No, you're lying. You're not honest, which means lying. Blake if you like someone, you don't lie. You're honest and tell them the truth. Either they will like you or they won't," she said to me.

"It's just that I tried to talk to him and he choked on his cereal this morning," I said hesitantly.

She looked at me and said, "because he likes you."

"What?"

"Antonio danced with me, kissed me and left. I didn't understand, but he told me later he was a doof and liked me," she shrugged.

"Okay, not sure how that helps me," I said to her.

"Don't be a doof like your uncle," she told me as she walked away.

I shook my head then put a saddle on the horse. Once it was secure, I climbed onto the horse. Then I took it out. I rode the horse and felt better. A few years ago, Luke recommended I come to the horses with Rain. They were therapy horses. They were trained to help people with autism and other problems.

He said it might help me feel better and relieve whatever was stressing me. What they didn't know, and I never told them was that I was attracted to boys. That is growing up; my classmates teased me about being gay because gay men raised me.

I denied it. Cade wasn't so I thought it wasn't right. But then I found out I was attracted to other boys my age and got an erection. They found out and humiliated me. I was twelve.

When puberty hit, it got worse. There were more fights and more humiliation. I would rather hide who I was then deal with that. I became a loner and stuck to myself. I refused to change for gym class and got scolded by the teacher for it. How Corbin is so open about it, amazes me.

But as soon as I got on a horse, I felt better. I didn't feel like a reject. I didn't have to hear the names, fag, queer, cock knocker, fudge packer, or any other names they could hurl at me. They told me if I told my dad, who was the principal, then I would pay for it. So I beat the hell out of them.

I rode for a while, then made my way back to the stables. I dismounted the horse and led it to its stall, taking proper care of it as Rain showed me. Then I locked it up and walked towards the front.

"Feel better," she asked me.

"Much," I smiled at her.

"Blake, if this guy makes you happy, be happy. Don't hide how you feel," she told me.

"I know. It's just taking time," I assured Rain. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before getting into my car. I decided to make a detour before going home.

*********
Corbin's POV

I paced around my room, talking to myself. Nothing weird about this whatsoever. I was trying to figure out what angeleyes meant. I mean any time I was in the same vicinity as Blake I turned into a blubbering mess.

I couldn't even form coherent sentences, let alone function like a human being. Ugh. Why does this have to be so complicated? I think I like it better when he didn't even acknowledge me. At least that way I could drool from afar.

My doorbell rang, and I stopped. Who the hell was coming to see me? Brook was grounded, Jeff was visiting his grandmother, and Felix was probably busy being unholy with his new flavor of the week. Where the hell are my friends when I need their stupid comments? Oh, that's right, having a life while I act like a lunatic.

I went downstairs and opened it only to see Blake standing there with his back to me. He turned around, and I stood there like a brainless idiot. I'm pretty sure drool is pouring out of my mouth. So hot.

"Is this a bad time," he asked me.

"Huh?" I felt completely in a daze.

"You seem, a little preoccupied," he commented.

Snap out of it Corbin. It's just Blake. Your crush is standing in front of you - no big deal.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to get some coffee with me?"

I looked at him, dumbfounded, "like a date?"

"Maybe," he said with a slight look.

Oh hell. I promptly fell backward as I passed out from shock.

He stood there and looked at me surprised as I was on the floor, sleeping like a big baby. Fantastic. I'm pretty sure I just died and went to hell because the only hell would freeze over before this was real. Or maybe a dream. My guess, I'm screwed either way.