Proving it

Blake's POV

Corbin turned me down for a date, and I looked at the other guy. Something told me, there was more to him, then just asking Corbin to Homecoming. That's why I decided to ask him. Now to prove to him, I'm serious.

I still didn't know how he would feel when he found out I'm angeleyes. It was just a chance I had to take. Either way, I wanted him to know it was me that meant everything he said.

I got to work. Between talking to Corbin online, I sent him things. It was a chance but I was willing to risk it. To me, he was worth it.

********
Corbin's POV

I started receiving gifts from angeleyes. He sent me flowers with a note about how excited he was to go to homecoming with me. Another time he sent me balloons, a different time was a teddy bear. With each gift, a little special note attached.

One read, can't wait to dance with you. Another said you deserve the world. A different said you make my heart smile. I had to admit I was getting excited.

What I wasn't excited about was the fact that Justin wouldn't leave me alone. What part of no doesn't he understand? I'm not the type to fall for someone's bullshit. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Yeah, I don't think so.

Contrary to popular belief, I may be gay, but I'm sure in the hell, no fool.

While I was busy with angeleyes, someone else had plans of their own.

"Well," Brent asked Justin.

"No dice. I don't know what I have to do to get Corbin to agree," Justin huffed.

"This is going to ruin all our plans," Chaz told them.

"That's what you think. We'll still have our fun with the pansy. Corbin thinks he can walk around like not a care in the world, think again," Brent scoffed

"This is going to go down in the history of ultimate humiliation. I can't wait," Chaz said, rubbing his hands together.

Justin looked at them, "maybe we should just let this go."

Brent and Chaz stepped towards him, "don't tell me your falling for a queer boy. I'm sick of people like him thinking they can do whatever they want and get away with it."

"Yeah but he's never done anything to us," Justin said.

"Look, we're still doing this. My brother had to deal with one fag and can barely walk because of it. They are running this school. One day they'll take over the world, and the rest of us will have to deal with it. No offense, but I refuse to deal with any more fags," Chaz sneered.

"You're brother humiliated a kid. He had sex with him and took a picture and sending it to everyone," Justin told Chaz.

"My brother isn't queer. If you don't want to help, then keep your trap shut but open your mouth and you go down with us," he said, shoving him against the lockers.

Chaz and Brent walked away laughing.

At one point, Justin got me cornered.

"Justin, what part of no don't you understand," I asked him getting annoyed.

"Look, I don't want to date you or take you to homecoming," he told me. Ouch, that hurt. Not really, but anyway.

"Corbin, don't go to homecoming," he warned me.

"Excuse you? But you have no say in my decisions. So, go pound sand," I huffed.

"Look, I'm warning you but don't listen. I'm just saying stay home," he warned me again before walking away.

This dude was starting to piss me off. First, he stands me up, then begs me to go to homecoming and finally tells me not to go. What the hell is wrong with him?

I didn't have time for his theatrics. I was too excited to go to homecoming with angeleyes.

All through school, what Justin said to me kept nagging at me. I don't even know why it was bugging me. I mean why should I give up a chance to have fun and be happy all because some doof says so.

After school, I was getting my books out of my locker when a note fell to the ground. What's this?

I can't wait to see your expression at homecoming. It's going to be priceless.

A smile grew upon my lips. Angeleyes. So mysterious yet intriguing. I couldn't wait to see Angeleyes. For once I was going to finally meet the guy I had been talking to and fell hard for since it started.

It's funny, but even though I had no clue what he looked like, just talking to him, made me like him even more.

I opened my messages.

I can't wait until Saturday night. It's going to be epic!

I'm glad because I really can't wait to see you. You're all I think about lately. - angeleyes

By the way, thanks for the note in my locker. It made me smile.

I logged off and went home. I had homework to catch up on.

********
Blake's POV

I reread the last message. What note? I didn't put any note in his locker, and I know Brook didn't.

Ever get that nagging feeling, something wasn't right? Yeah, I had that feeling right now. Something told me I needed to go to Homecoming Saturday night.

Every so often, I checked my messages, but it didn't show him active. All I kept thinking was about what he said last. That bothered me.

Let's hope I'm wrong.