Chapter 31

I'm probably going to wrap this book up at around 50 chapters
Seriously though it's been one hell of a ride for me, being the first serious book I've devoted myself to on this platform

I love you all, thanks for the support throughout this journey

~~~~

"Landon wake up."

"Landon!"

"LANDON!"

"Alright alright I'm up jeez!" I groan, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Y/N is sitting up beside me, staring at the wall, and when I follow her gaze I push her behind me, "UNdone." I growl, the name flying into my head. His eyes are closed, his limbs and head are hanging limply and he's floating a couple of inches off the ground shroud in black mist, like he's a puppet hanging from the wall. She places her hands on my shoulders, "Dark was right about you being here, it certainly got him outta you." She nods to UNdone. "Yeah but what's he gonna do now that he IS out?" I mutter as he starts to shift, the blackness around him moving slowly and gently like fog. His feet touch the ground and he opens his eyes, "Y/N." He mumbles, looking up at us. "Don't do anything rash." I warn him as he steps closer, "One chance." I add as I let Y/N move back around me to him. He reaches for her, silently asking for a hug, which is strange. When she accepts and wraps her arms around his body, the black mist whirls around for a second before being sucked into his body. The mist reveals his clothing, simple black jeans and a black hoodie with a grey duckie on the hood instead of yellow, his feet bare and a white neckerchief folded into a triangle hanging around his neck.

She kisses his cheek, "Are you gonna be good?" She asks him. "Whatever it takes to protect you." He whispers, his eyes not leaving hers as a black mark in the shape of her lips forms where she kissed him. "He gets his power from affection you show him." I say, making her look at me with a quirked eyebrow. I nod back to him and we watch as he touches the mark. The mark deforms and moves along under his skin onto his hand, which he then holds out in front of him, producing a perfect black rose between his fingers. He offers it to her and she takes it, "Interesting..." She mumbles. "We should probably do the rounds now." He says, revealing a pair of pitch black falcon wings. I nod, standing from my position on my bed and pulling on a pair of jeans, white to stand out from UNdone. I also pull on my red Quack hoodie and reveal my wings. She chuckles, "You guys are like the inverted versions of each other it's weird."

UNdone and I meet eyes over her head, his eyes are grey with patches of black, and I shrug, "It's technically true." She rolls her eyes, "Yeah I know." Her eyes light up for a moment, "How about UNdone and I go patrol and you," She points to me, "Go tell Dark and the others that UNdone is out of you?" I nod, "I trust you." I say, turning to UNdone, "Don't let her get hurt, don't hurt her-" He cuts me off, "And don't force yourself onto her, I get it i know. I am you, I know what you want." He shrugs, "My sole purpose is to protect her, you don't have to worry." I frown, "I'm sure you have other purposes-" He cuts me off with a hand, blinking silently, "Just, let me get used to this." He mumbles, insecure. Y/N takes his hand and mouths to me, 'He's like a child, he's barely a year old.' I sigh, "Alright. I'll get Chase and we'll meet you guys..." I trail off and Y/N cuts into the silence, "Meet us by Mount Rushmore, it shouldn't take us long to get there and you guys'll be able to teleport there." I nod, stepping towards her. She lets go of UNdone for a second and wraps her arms around me, "Be safe." I mumble, kissing her forehead, "I love you." She looks up to me, pecking my lips gently, "You too, you know Chase isn't safe in the demon world, alright? Keep an eye out for him. Make sure you guys get into the mansion without being spotted." She warns me and I nod, "Right."

CHASE POV

"There's a spell in here to get us to Dark Lane." He says, flicking through the spell book before stopping on a page labeled, 'Dark lane transport - DANGEROUS, DO NOT ATTEMPT IF MORTAL' I chuckle and he does too, "Good thing we aren't mortal." We quickly do the spell and find ourselves in the forest behind the mansion, the air is heavy with the scent of blood, "What the fuck happened here?" I mumble as Landon activates his ice powers. He makes a quick staircase up the wall that surrounds the mansion and we climb it, peering over the top. The sight that meets my eyes makes me gag, hundreds upon hundreds of Xyarks lie dead, practically unrecognizable. I reel backwards, grabbing the wall to stop myself from plummeting to the ground and Landon grabs my arm, "What the hell?" He mutters, pulling me so we're standing on the wall. A groan comes from below us and Landon drops down, "Hello?" He calls. A croaky voice comes from the outskirts of the destruction, "Are they gone?" It mumbles, clearly female. "It's Nat!" I call to Landon, spotting her face, "She's got Nathan!"

He races to the spot I'm pointing to and quickly does a small healing spell on them both, enabling them to stand with little help. "The war-" Nathan is cut off by a cough that shakes his body, "It's almost over." He mutters, "They've gone to get Herobrine." "Who? Who's gone?" I demand, jumping down to meet them. Nat shakes her head, "They had to leave us, we were too injured and we hid back here. The Xyarks broke my wings and somehow temporarily deactivated his super-speed." "But Dark's gone, Darko was desperate, they could die." Nathan coughs again, "He took INK with him and he went to the human world." Landon furrows his eyebrows, "Why would Dark do that?" "Darko mentioned something about INK being a puppet, he didn't go into detail but he made it clear that INK could've betrayed us at anytime against his will." Nat hangs her head, "I wish we could've been there, we never knew." I quickly put my arm under Nathan's and practically carry him into the mansion, laying him down on the floor as Landon comes in with Nat, laying her on her stomach with his hands gently supporting her head. "Can you get her wings?" He asks and I nod, flicking through the spellbook.

Healing of magical power - Pg 57
Healing of magical extensions to another body - Pg 3006
Healing of magical extensions to the body - Pg 3008

I flick to page 3006 as fast as I can, quickly muttering the spell with a hand on Nat's wings. A still grey fog appears around them, the wings twitching every so often and I read the bottom of the page, "It'll take a while to heal but they'll be as good as new, the fog protects them from any extra damage." I read. Landon helps her sit up and I move to Nathan, quickly healing him with the page 57 spell and then standing back up, "Who's gone after Herobrine?" I ask again. "LAVA, Darko... He took everyone who was left." Nat mumbles, "Everyone except Dark, INK, Schneep, you guys and us." "Speaking of you guys, where's Y/N and UNdone?" Landon sighs, "They're patrolling the mortal world, they should be here any minute though." "The final battle is near, I can feel it." I mumble, trailing off as the sky grows dark, rain beginning to pelt down in sheets. The roof of the mansion groans above us, making Nathan flinch, "It's practically falling apart..."

"The prophecy needs Y/D/N and Y/N in the same place, we can't defeat Herobrine without them, Darko's losing himself." Nat mumbles, "Get them, leave us here and get them whatever it takes."

~~~~

I have to stop writing to get something out for you guys that actually still read this

Speaking of that, who actually does read this? Is it worth me continuing?

~Alayna