ch 16

The alarm went off waking Aera up from her sweet fairy tale. Her utopia.
Heaving a sigh, she got up and looked around her own yet not so own room.

While doing so, her eyes fell upon a photo frame. The special one which held the very first selfie of Jungkook and her.

Unknowingly a melancholy smile etched on her lips and she stared staring intensely, beautiful memories flooding her already flooded mind.

Tearing away her vision from the picture, she dragged herself to the bathroom to get ready for the day though she knew she wouldn't even step out of her room.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she felt even more terrified. Messy hair, dark circles underneath her eyes, pale face and chapped lips. In short, she looked dead.

While trying to fix her hair a little, she heard a knock on her door. She came out of the bathroom and opened it only to be met by the person whom she didn't want to face.

Jeongguk.

As for Jungkook, he was even more terrified of the sight of the girl in front of him. He felt scared that she might collapse any moment then. Well judging her condition, she could.

Without saying another word, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her after him. He made her sit at the table and served her breakfast.

However she didn't seem to bother about eating. It felt like she was there physically but not mentally. That was what hurt him the most. He wanted to help his loved one and now specially when he knew who she was, he couldn't help but remember how much she meant and means to him.

And seeing her in such misery caused him an agonising guilt. He wanted to save her. He wanted to take care of her. He wanted to love her. But now when she was slowly becoming distant, he felt the sorrow swallowing him from within and he wanted to get rid of it.

Aera however felt sadder every moment she looked at Jungkook's desperate face because she knew exactly how much she meant to him. But she was afraid. Afraid of not being able to be enough. Afraid of not being able to see through his emotions and insecure. Afraid of failing him.

Afraid of failing herself. She didn't want to do the same mistake again. Not when she loved him more than he could ever know.

Not when she knew what could happen from just a simple misunderstanding.

Not when she knew what love does to people. Not when she knew love could melt even the toughest of hearts.

Not when she knew all of this...

They both though deep in love did not know what to say or do. After all they were just young students who were facing the reality of life.

And so they sat in silence staring at one another and thinking about all the times they had spent together. Only the clinks of forks could be heard in the resonating silence which was too loud for them to bear but they had to.

When they couldn't take in the awkward tension anymore, they spoke up. Both of them together.

" I"
"I"

It had become even more awkward than it already was.
" We need to go somewhere. Get ready in 10"  Jungkook said

She just nodded and went back to her room. After sometime she came back down dressed in all black.

She just smiled a bit after seeing that she had unknowingly matched with Jungkook.

But to Jungkook that smile meant more than just that. To him it was a spirit of determination. To help her go through her tough days. A will to love her with all his heart.

Even though it was just a small smile, it was enough for him to fall in love with her even more

It was enough for him to turn the world upside down to see that smile once more.

Just once more...

A/n: sorry for the short chap. The next one will be longer. Give lots of love to my fanfic ❤️