Chapter Fourteen- Shadowpaw's Point of View. (END)

I tried to hold in my excitement, but my eyes gave it away. "Shadowpaw, you are to go hunt as much as you can. Although you may not see me, I will be there watching your skills- So don't mess this up" Darkpelt mewed to me, his blue eyes now serious. I nodded, running off into the forest, until I eventually slowed down and sniffed for prey. Fortunately, my smart nose caught the scent sparrow. It was pecking at some seeds and chirping softly. I crouched, slowly stalking it, until.. I leapt onto it, biting it with my teeth, managing to kill it. I smiled at my prize, placing it in the hole in the oak tree. 

I had hunted one sparrow, three voles, and a mouse. I felt like that wasn't enough. I could feel Darkpelt's blue eyes watching my every move, and it put a lot of pressure on me. I didn't hunt well under pressure. I sniffed again, an alarming scent drifting in the air. A clan cat. A twig snapped behind me, and I quickly turned. I light-grey tom was stood before me, his blue eyes gazing at me. I hissed, narrowing my eyes. "Mistcloud, go away! I'm kinda busy here!" I growled, and he stepped back a little. "I came to talk about.. You know..". My ears pricked, and I blushed, snarling at him. "Right now? Go away, you're going to mess my assessment up for me! Leave now!" I spat, my tail lashing. 

"Fine.." he sighed, turning round and heading back to camp. I shook my head, hissing to myself. I looked up, noticing it would be silverpelt soon. "I hope I did well..". Darkpelt emerged from the undergrowth, flicking his tail towards Mistcloud. "We're done now. Go catch up with your friend" he ordered, following me back to camp. Mistcloud and I weren't "Friends". Well we used to be. I suppose Echoleap got in the way of it all. But it wasn't her fault, they just fell inlove.

When we arrived back, I felt so exhausted. "You may eat, then go rest, Shadowpaw" Darkpelt mewed, licking my ear. Dear Starclan, he was my mentor, not my mate. I nodded, feeling a little uncomfortable of his affection. I picked a vole up in my jaws and headed to the apprentice den, where Raccoonpaw and Stormypaw were curled up, eating and talking together. "Oh hey Shadowpaw!" Stormypaw greeted, smiling at me. 

"How did it go?" Raccoonpaw mewed warmly, as I sat and ate the vole. I didn't know how to answer. "Well I didn't do bad, but I didn't perform amazingly either" I answered, gulping down the vole. Stormypaw nodded. 

"I think you will be a warrior by tomorrow, Shadowpaw. I think your name should be Shadowclaw" Raccoonpaw mewed excitedly. "And us two would be Stormyheart and Raccoonstripe". I smiled warmly. "I think you two would make great warriors. You're both very lively. Now, goodnight.." I meowed, curling up in my nest and falling asleep.

"Shadowpaw! Shadowpaw! Get up!" Raccoonpaw hissed in my ear, prodding me with her paw. 

"Wha?" I questioned, getting up onto my paws and stretching. I yawned softly, my eyes quickly adjusting. "You might get your- I mean, you will get your warrior name today!" she mewed excitedly. "Bloodstar is outside her den right now calling a meeting. Let's go quickly!". My ears pricked and I bounded out of the den happily into the crowd of cats. "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather for a clan meeting!" Bloodstar yowled, her ice-blue eyes glowing at all of us. "Today, we have two ceremonies. Firstly, our new apprentice- Silverkit, please step forward". Silverkit padded nervously away from her Mother, looking up at our leader. "Do you promise to follow the clan code and complete your duties as an apprentice?" Bloodstar questioned, getting a nod of response from Silverkit. "I do". 

"Then from now on, you will be known as Silverpaw".

"Silverpaw! Silverpaw! Silverpaw!" we yowled in joy, and I felt happy for her. She was shy yet had ambition to be a leader one day- I had witnessed that from looking after Blackkit. "Mudstripe, you are my most loyal warrior and deputy. I hope you will pass down the skills I taught you from moons ago to this young apprentice. You will be Silverkit's mentor" Bloodstar mewed.

I nodded in approval. Mudstripe would be an excellent mentor. "Now.. Shadowpaw, please step forward". The heart thudded and my eyes widened in surprise. I nervously stepped infront of all the other cats, looking up at my leader. "Do you promise to follow Sandclan's warrior code, and to risk your life for the clan?". I nodded instantly. "I do". Bloodstar closed her eyes for a moment, recieving my warrior name. "Then from now on.. You will be known as Shadowfur". 

"Shadowfur! Shadowfur! Shadowfur!" the clan yowled in delight. I couldn't help but smile. 

I did it, finally. Shadowfur- I hope my Mother would be proud.

A/N: Thank you guys SO MUCH! Without you, Shadowp- I mean, Shadowfur wouldn't exist :) Every view, every comment, and every vote mean so much to me. And if you disliked some of the story, don't worry about hurting my feelings. Tell me in the comment section so I can improve next time! But I currently don't know what to write next, so here are some options:

-Pokemon Story.

-Another Warriors book of my Series.

-A Fanfic that has something to do with video games.

-Other. (Tell me in the comments).

Please let me know by either commenting here, or send me a msg :) Thanks to all my followers, I love you guys <3

~Silver