Chapter Three- Mistpaw's point of view.

Shadowpaw had been gone for a while. I had secretly been panicking. I just hope she didn't hear the conversation Echopaw and I were having. You could say her and I were mates- but I just felt as if I was too young. I poked my head out of the den, looking round camp- Darkpelt came padding into camp, a rabbit in his jaws. "Darkpelt!" I called, my ears twitching. He dropped his rabbit on the fresh-kill pile, moving over towards me. "What is it?". 

"Do you know where Shadowpaw is? She ran off" I asked, worried about her. Darkpelt glared at me, in which I stepped back a little. What was up with him? "None of your business. She's very upset, just leave her be". Now I was even more worried. I brushed straight past Darkpelt, bounding out of camp and looking for her. I caught sight of her spikey black fur- slowly creeping further into the forest. I peered through the bush, and Shadowpaw was slowly creeping up on a vole. She successfully caught it- placing it by the oak tree to fetch it back later, I guess.

"Shadowpaw!". She hissed at me in response. She looked angry. "What's wrong with you? I was worried sick!" I mewed, feeling hurt by my friends welcome. She shook her head, sighing deeply. "I just can't tell you, Mistpaw" she growled, wrapping her tail round her paws. I heard small pawsteps behind me, seeing Echopaw trudge through the bushes. "Misty!" she called out to me, licking my ear. I blushed, not wanting Shadowpaw to see. "Misty?" Shadowpaw growled, un-sheathing her claws. I took a step back, afraid she would hurt someone. "Shadowpaw, what's wrong with you?!" Echopaw hissed, standing infront of me, her ears flattened. She too un-sheathed her claws, narrowing her eyes. Suddenly, Shadowpaw leapt onto Echopaw, slashing her claws deep into her side. As soon as I saw the blood, I charged into Shadowpaw and knocked her straight into a tree. 

"Shadowpaw, stop it now!" I hissed, Echopaw yowling in agony behind me. Shadowpaw spat in disgust, her fur bristling. "Step aside, Mistpaw. She needs to be dealt with". My eyes widened, then turning into misty slits. "For what? What did she do to you!" I yowled, my claws un-sheathing. I really didn't want to fight her. Plus, the fact that I knew Shadowpaw was better at fighting than I was. But I just had to protect Echopaw. I loved her. "You don't get it, do you Mistpaw? Have you ever liked someone, but they never will like you back?". Her voice became softer, her eyes filling with tears. I tilted my head. Shadowpaw had a crush on someone? But why take it out on Echopaw? "Shadowpaw, who is it? I can sort this out for us, without you hurting anyone" I quickly replied. The she-cat scowled at me, starting to walk away. "I loved you, Mistpaw. But she took you away from me. She will pay for that".