Chapter Twelve - Blade's Point of View.

"And you didn't even think to bring her body back here?!". I shook my head, looking at my paws, trying to keep calm. "Blade, Panther dies and you don't come back for almost a moon. This isn't acceptable!" my leader growled, towering over me. Her golden fur bristled and her amber eyes blazed like fire, staring straight at mine. "Zira, I'm sorry! Sandclan had already buried her body and I needed to think about things.." I mewed quietly, curling my tail round myself. Zira hissed under her breath, spitting in the dirt. "What right did they have to bury one of our own kind in their filthy dirt?" she growled, turning round to face the rest of the cats. "Do any of you think this is right?" she yowled, each cat nodding and yowling in fury. Zira turned to me, flicking her tail towards her den. "Follow" she ordered, following me inside. I always had an uneasy feeling about Zira. She could kill me in one hit. "Blade. We only let you here because you were the sister of Panther" she began, the scar on her left eye showing more than ever. "But now that she is gone, you must prove that you are worthy. And if you don't.. we can't offer your safety anymore". I gulped, nodding in agreement. "It's a hard life out there. Do you have any idea on what clan cats could do to you if you were found on their territory?" she snarled, her claws digging into the ground.

"I understand, Zira". 

"Good" she mewed, her fur relaxing. "To prove yourself worthy, you must kill a member of Sandclan". My heart skipped. "What?.." I gasped, shaking slightly. Zira's eyes narrowed into slits, her tail lashing. "Don't question my orders! And just because of that, you must kill your own sibling. That Shadowpaw of yours has to die!" she yowled at me, un-sheathing her claws and moving closer to me. I backed towards the edge of my den, shaking violently, my fur bristling as I gulped down my fear. "But.. I.. I can't.." I mumbled, flattening my ears. Zira backed up slightly, ready to strike into my chest. "Obey. Or die right here, right now!" she growled, her lips pulled back so I could see the hideous sharp fangs of hers. 

"..So be it.." I sighed, holding in all my despair. Zira relaxed, dismissing me with a flick of her tail. I nodded, trudging out the den with my head looking down at the floor the whole way. I was the weakest of the rogues, and no-one looked out for me. Except Fallen. She understood everything. I cursed at myself, walking past the rest of the cats. They all glared at me, their skin baring more battle scars. Is this all we did? Fight and live in fear of our leader? "Hey, Blade! Over here!" I heard Fallen's voice. And there she was- her muddy coloured fur all matted in a mess. She was sat near the rocks with Roman, a big intimidating she-cat. Her fur was black and her eyes were almost red- her pelt was full of scars. I dashed over, sitting next to Fallen and eating some of the prey infront of us. 

Roman didn't look too happy for me to be here, but she grunted and ignored me. "So, what did Zira want?" Fallen mewed, finishing her vole. I sighed, looking into her eyes. "Panther was buried in Sandclan's camp instead of our own. She wants me to get revenge by killing my own sister". Fallen's yellow eyes widened. "Wait.. you have another sister? In Sandclan?!" she mewed, almost hissing. "How could you? Of course she has to die!" she growled in fury. Fallen could be a peice of fox-dung sometimes. She didn't like clan cats either. "You know what. Why don't I just leave?".