Chapter Thirteen.

Shadowpaw needed to know. How could a Fireclan cat know anything about her Mother? "Tell me what you know!" she hissed desperately, flexing her claws. Terraclaw shook his head, staying perfectly calm. "It's best you don't know. Now run along, back to your silly clan" he growled, turning away and jumping into the lake, swimming across to the other side. "Hey! Come back here!" Shadowpaw yowled in fury. But it was too late. The brown tom had disappeared in an instant into Fireclan territory. She sat down in despair, hissing loudly and clawing at the ground. "Shadow..paw?..". I quiet mew was heard from the bushes. Shadowpaw whipped around, to see a small black kit to emurge from the undergrowth. "Blackkit! What are you doing here?!" Shadowpaw hissed quietly, but not too harshly. Blackkit whimpered, looking down at her white paws. 

"I'm sorry, I was wondering where you were going so I followed you!" she mewed, her tiny tail wrapping around herself. Shadowpaw sighed, giving the kit a small lick on the ear. "I'm impressed though. I didn't even know you were there" she meowed warmly, a glint of pride in Blackkit's eyes. "Now, promise not to tell anyone what happened today?". Blackkit nodded, allowing Shadowpaw to pick her up by her scruff with her teeth. 

When they returned, she quietely entered the Nursery, laying Blackkit down next to her Mother, Goldheart. "Goodnight, Blackkit" Shadowpaw mewed goodbye, collapsing into the Apprentice Den in exhaustion.

"Shadowpaw, get your lazy butt out of this den!" Rustheart called from outside. Shadowpaw awoke with a start, jumping in surprise. "What?.." she mewed, yawning softly, stretching. 

"Training started ages ago!" he called back, poking his head into the den. However he was not mad at her, as his eyes were completely calm. "Alright, I take it Raccoonpaw and Stormypaw are already there". She dashed straight past Rustheart, running towards the training place. 

They were already there- Stormypaw, Raccoonpaw, Blackheart, and Darkpelt. Rustheart was just catching up with Shadowpaw. "It's about time!" Darkpelt sighed, flexing his claws. "We've been waiting for you". Shadowpaw's ears flattened, blushing slightly. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again". Blackheart just scowled at her in disapproval, but shrugged it off. "Right, today we will b-" Blackheart was cut short by Mudstripe, who padded over to Shadowpaw and Darkpelt. "Shadowpaw won't be doing training today. Bloodstar has decided she will be assessed". Shadowpaw's eyes lit up in excitement, but tried to hide her happiness. Darkpelt nodded, a little shocked. "Of course. Thank you, Mudstripe" he meowed, prowling into the bushes, signalling Shadowpaw to follow him. "I do believe your warrior name awaits, Shadowpaw".

A/N: OMG IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK AN INCREDIBLY LONG TIME AND ITS SHORT x.x I've been super busy like going on Holiday, catching up with all my friends, and stuff like that. Again I'm so sorry :( Next chapter will be coming VERY soon due to the long wait! Thanks guys :)