Chapter Ten.

Shadowpaw smiled at the three sleeping kits. It had been a long day on entertaining them, but Goldheart would be back soon. Maybe kits aren't so bad after all, she thought. Shadowpaw herself felt even more tired, as she settled down beside the resting kits, gently wrapping her tail round them, her eyes slowly starting to close.

She awoke in the hollow of a tree, rain thundering down and flashes of white lightning streaking down like paint in the sky. She was surrounded by three kits- One silver, one dark-grey, and one completely black. Just like her previous dream. They were cowering in fear, mewing in terror. Shadowpaw tilted her head in confusion, peering outside the tree. Outside stood a white she-cat- her fur was bristling and she was growling and hissing. Three cats covered in scars and scratches were circling around her, spitting in disgust. "What do we have here? A lost Mother and her kits?" one of the cats growled, un-sheathing his claws. The she-cat hissed in response, moving closer towards the tree. "We're just passing through. I mean no harm" she meowed quietly. Another one of the cats sighed, his amber eyes looking straight at her. "You're out of clan territory now. That means.. you're no longer safe". His claws swung straight at her, causing the she-cat to yowl in pain. 

Her yellow eyes stared straight at Shadowpaw. "Stay.. there.." she whispered to the three kits. Shadowpaw was ready to bound out the tree to help her- but it was too late. One cat clawed right into her belly, causing instant death. The three kits stared in terror, but keeping quiet. "Now.. where are her kits?.."

Shadowpaw awoke again, her heart still pounding. It was just.. a dream. The three kits around her were still fast asleep. Goldheart appeared through the entrance to the nursery, her fur relaxing as she saw that Blackkit was safe. "I see they are worn out" she mewed warmly, her eyes set on all three kits. "I'm pretty worn out too" Shadowpaw responded, stumbling onto her paws. Goldheart smiled, taking Shadowpaw's place and wrapping her tail round the three kits. "Thank you for keeping them safe. Blackheart would like to thank you, but he's still out hunting". Shadowpaw nodded, starting to make her way out the den. "You should consider yourself lucky, Goldheart. Those kits will grow into great warriors one day" she smiled, padding towards the apprentice den.

A/N: Aghhhh I'm sorry this took so long! >n< I've been so busy with exams lately. I also apologize for how short it is :( This is the only oppertunity I will have for a while to update, so I couldn't write that much. But don't worry! The next chapter has already been drafted :D