Chapter Seven- Mistpaw's Point of View.

"Mistpaw, Echopaw, please step forward". My fur tingled with happiness. I did it! I was FINALLY becoming a warrior! I looked back to check to see if Shadowpaw was following, but she was still sat to the ground, sulking as tears filled her eyes. What? Bloodstar didn't call her too? I tilted my head as I walked over, Echopaw following beside me. "Do you two promise to obey the warrior code, and to serve your clan with your life?" our leader questioned, looking down at me. Echopaw and I nodded in response. "We do".

"Then as of now, Mistpaw, Echopaw, you will be known as Mistcloud and Echoleap!" Bloodstar yowled to the clan.

"Mistcloud! Echoleap!" they all cheered, while Echopaw and I beamed proudly. Shadowpaw wasn't one of those to cheer. I did kinda feel bad for her, she was the only one to not make it. I guess she would be training alongside the new apprentices. We were to sit vigil tonight. I sat outside camp with Echoleap, chewing on a vole. "We sure beat Shadowpaw!" Echoleap mewed to me, licking my ear. "That peice of fox-dung didn't deserve her warrior name". I tried hard not to hiss at her, because after all, I did love her. "You shouldn't say that about her" I replied, swiping the last of my vole. "She is a great cat, shame she had to turn on me. But then again, that's because of you". Echopaw snarled, hissing at me. 

"Oh, so she's better than me? You really think strength and speed is everything?!" she spat, standing tall infront of me. "How dare you!". I shook my head, slightly scared. "No I didn't mean that at all! I just don't like the way you talk about her, she was my friend!" I hissed back, my fur bristling. 

"I don't care about h-" she was cut off by a twig snapping behind us. A black blur rushed past, zooming off into the trees. "I bet you a rabbit that was her" I meowed, following after her. 

"Wait! Mistcloud.. I'm not coming" Echoleap sighed, obviously expecting me to stay because of her. "Suit yourself". I ran off, leaving her gawped and disgusted. It almost felt.. good. I had now only realized how horrible Echoleap could be. I sniffed the air, following Shadowpaw's scent. "Shadowpaw!" I called out. No response. Then I realized what direction I was going in- Towards the river. Of course, Shadowpaw and I always used to sit there together. I poked into the bushes, quietly watching. Yep, she was there. Tail wrapped round her paws and all. As soon as I stepped out into the open, I was noticed and she hissed in fury. "Go away, Mistcloud!" she growled, un-sheathing her claws. I stayed stood to the spot. "Shadowpaw, I'm sorry about Echoleap, I just.."

"It's nothing to do with that!" she spat in response, narrowing her eyes at me. "Why wasn't made a warrior too?! I've been in training longer than Echoleap!". That was true. Why wasn't she made a warrior with us? Tears were streaking out from her eyes, and I instantly felt bad. "I worked hard and wanted it more than anyone..." she murmured, her tail lashing behind her. "I guess I didn't work hard enough". She swiped her paws into the water, snarling to herself. The stars were almost upon us- silverpelt was awaiting. "You need to go. Sit vigil with Echoleap" she hissed. I honestly didn't know what to say to her. I couldn't comfort her, she would reject me and tell me to go away. And I couldn't just leave either. No choice, I guess. "What about you?" I asked. She should be going back to camp. "I'm staying here for a while. I'll be back before dawn". I nodded uneasily, padding away back towards camp- leaving a pit of guilt in my throat.