Chapter Eleven.

Shadowpaw's heart was still thudding slowly as she bit into the juicy vole she was eating in the Apprentice Den. Why did she have that dream? Who was the white she-cat? There were so many questions, but no answers. "I'm tired.." Stormypaw meowed, prowling into the den, his exhausted sister following behind him. "I take it Blackheart and Rustheart were a little harsh today?" Shadowpaw giggled, feeling slight sympathy for the two apprentices. Raccoonpaw nodded, collapsing into her nest and curling her fluffy tail around herself. 

"I'll be right back" Shadowpaw mewed, getting up onto her paws and dashing to the fresh-kill pile, grabbing a plump rabbit in her jaws, carrying it back to the Apprentice Den. She dropped it infront of Stormypaw and his sister, smiling. "Here". The two siblings licked their lips, diving into their meal straight away. "Thank you!" Raccoonpaw smiled, continuing to eat into her prey. 

"I won't be going to sleep today.. I slept for most of today, since I was given a punishment" Shadowpaw replied, her eyes clouding with confusion. Stormypaw's head tilted, flattening his ears. "Why were you punished?" he questioned, still eating the rabbit. Shadowpaw turned to face them, flicking her tail. "Because I let you two out of camp. I had to look after Blackheart's kit for the day" she smiled. "It wasn't much of a punishment though. I actually enjoyed it". Shadowpaw suddenly purred in excitement, hoping she could become a warrior soon before Blackkit was apprenticed. She wanted to be her mentor. 

Dragonfang poked her head into the den, looking at Shadowpaw. "Shadowpaw, you're on dawn patrol tomorrow with Darkpelt and I. Make sure you are well rested" she mewed, turning away and padding off. Shadowpaw narrowed her eyes, huffing in frustration. "Ugh, I hate dawn patrol..". But wait, maybe it was a chance to see her sister again. Just to see how she was doing. She looked back over to the two siblings who had finally finished their meal, and were now asleep, snoring softly. It was now dark outside, and every cat would be in their nests. I'm not that tired, it wouldn't hurt if I were to leave camp for a while.. Shadowpaw thought, getting onto her paws and silently moving out the den, stealthily crawling out of camp. She checked behind her multiple times to make sure no-one was following her, and when it was clear, she dashed off into the territory.

When she made it to the lake, she just sat and stared int the water. It was calm- it was never this calm. However, the memories of Cloudypaw's dead body in the water gave her the shivers. But she didn't regret it. Suddenly, a brown blur swept across the other side of the river. It was another cat. Shadowpaw quickly un-sheathed her claws, staring at the other side of the river bank, her fur bristling. She couldn't see that well in the dark. However, a yellow pair of eyes stared straight at her from across the lake. "Hello there. I mean no harm" the voice spoke. It was a tom. Shadowpaw hissed, moving further away from the lake. "Come over here and show yourself!" she growled, spitting onto the dirt. The yellow pair of eyes disappered, and Shadowpaw was instantly pinned to the ground by a large, brown tom. 

"You should be careful of what you wish for" he purred, his claws un-sheathed. Shadowpaw writhed underneath him, attempting to push him off. "Get off me!" she spat, clawing at his back. The tom didn't react a bit. The tom quickly examined her, his eyes full of interest. "Ah, you must be an apprentice, if I'm correct? Not that young, though" he smiled, getting off of the she-cat. Shadowpaw hissed, leaping at him but missing. "Not that strong either" he laughed, ducking under each of her attacks. She eventually gave up and sat still, her eyes narrowed in slits. "You should not under-estimate me" she growled in frustration. "However, I will spare you a fight. Who are you?".

"My apologies, where are my manners. My name is Terraclaw from Fireclan" he meowed. "And you are?". Shadowpaw's fur bristled even more. A Fireclan cat. "I shouldn't really tell you that.." she quietly mumbled, starting to walk away. Terraclaw stopped her with his tail. "No, it's just so we aren't.. strangers" he mewed seductively. Shadowpaw glared at him. "My name is Shadowpaw, apprentice of Sandclan". The tom instantly moved away. "Sandclan? You mean that silly place of rogues and loners? I now see how pathetice you all are" he teased, obviously trying to infuriate the apprentice. "But, I have heard your name before. You're the one that was banished from Streamclan, correct?".

"You don't need to know anything about me. Now, I should be going before anyone notices I'm gone" Shadowpaw replied, sheathing her claws. Terraclaw sighed, shaking his head. "We could've be friends, you know" he taunted, still not letting her pass through. Shadowpaw growled, pouncing on him. This time it worked. She pinned him down, un-sheathing her claws. "I could kill you right now if I wanted to. But if you let me pass through, you may go and we can just forget about meeting eachother" she glared down at him, the Fireclan cat not looking frightened at all. "If you kill me, you will never know about who your Mother was". Shadowpaw's fur relaxed and her eyes widened. Her heart beated fast and she sheathed her claws back in. "What do you know about her?".

A/N: OMG I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR ABOUT, 2 WEEKS. But here ya go! Thanks for over 500 reads guys, I can't believe that we achieved that :) I'm SO excited to write the next chapter! *No, it isn't the end yet. That's far off*. We're doing a Point of View *POV* from another cat ;3