Chapter Four.

Shadowpaw was in camp, waiting outside Bloodstar's den. Her fur had finally flattened and her temper had died down. "Enter" her leader called. Shadowpaw rose onto her paws, padding into the den. The pretty white she-cat was curled up in the sand of her den. "What is it?" Bloodstar questioned. Shadowpaw took a deep breath. "Bloodstar, I request to move dens". Bloodstar sighed, her eyes turning into icy slits. "Why? What's wrong with the apprentice den?" she snarled. Shadowpaw didn't flinch, her eyes straight on her leader. "I cannot stay there. I had a fight with the other two apprentices and request to move to the warriors den". Bloodstar's eyes became calm, as her fur relaxed on her shoulders. "I see. But fighting with Mistpaw? I thought you were good friends".

"That does not matter. So, may I?" she asked once again. Bloodstar nodded, dismissing the young apprentice. Shadowpaw sighed heavily as she left in relief. Her paws took her to the warriors den, poking her head in before entering. "Shadowpaw? What is it?" Mudstripe asked, pausing his conversation with Rustheart and Darkpelt. Shadowpaw gulped. "Bloodstar says I am moving into the warriors den". Mudstripe didn't have much expression on his face, as he just blinked. "Alright then.. uh let's see... is there any spare nests?" he asked, turning his head to the two toms. Rustheart nodded shyly. "There's uh.. one next to mine" he blushed, leading Shadowpaw over to the corner of the den.

"Thankyou, Rustheart" Shadowpaw smiled, licking his ear and pawing the moss of her nest into place. Rustheart smiled, leaving the den with Mudstripe. "It is obvious on why you chose to move dens, Shadowpaw" Darkpelt mewed, padding over to the she-cat. She rolled her eyes, licking her paw. "You won't believe what just happened. But yes, that is partly the reason on why I moved dens. Just thank Starclan that Bloodstar allowed it" she huffed, bounding outside with Darkpelt to pick up fresh-kill. She rested in the middle of camp, chewing up a small mouse. The entrance to camp rustled behind her, MIstpaw and Echopaw entering camp. Echopaw was limping. Shadowpaw turned her head away, pretending to not notice them. Echopaw scowled at her as she went past, cobwebs stopping her side from oozing out blood. Darkpelt instantly noticed the wound, sitting down next to Shadowpaw. 

"Alright, you attacked her, didn't you?" he sighed, disappointment in his eyes. The apprentice hissed in response, finishing off her food. "I did what I had to, she was trying to get at me". Her mentor rolled his eyes. "Well, atleast you don't have to share a den with them anymore until you are all warriors" he pointed out, wrapping his tail round his paws. Shadowpaw nodded, looking to the right to see the apprentices curled up together, talking away. "I only feel a little bad. Because they seem so happy together" she growled, heading into the warriors den. Mistpaw noticed, leaving Echopaw to sleep and following her in. "Shadowpaw? What are you doing in the warriors den?". She flattened her ears, growling in response. "I moved. Now go away" she hissed, her green eyes burning in fury. 

"Sorry, but.. is what you said back there really true?" the tom asked, his eyes locked on hers. She nodded, curling up in her nest. "It doesn't matter now. Go see to Echopaw" she sighed, resting her head on her paws. Mistpaw started to walk off, glancing back for a few moments to look at the sad she-cat, only to head to the apprentice den. Mother, what am I doing with my life. What did I ever do to deserve this? She knew her mother wouldn't come down from Starclan to respond, but she knew that she was listening. 

Just as Shadowpaw was about to drift off to sleep, Rustheart entered the den, blushing as he saw the sleepy she-cat. "Oh, uh, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you" he mewed, reversing out the den. Shadowpaw looked up at the brown and red tom, smiling. "No, it's fine. You can stay" she meowed, wrapping her tail around herself. Rustheart curled up next to her. "Darkpelt told me about you and Mistpaw" he mewed quietly, concern in his eyes. Shadowpaw snarled, flattening her ears. "Ugh, he said he wouldn't tell anyone..". Rustheart snorted. "Shadowpaw, the whole clan knows. Echopaw went and told everyone, so Darkpelt chose to tell me" he answered. Shadowpaw felt like bursting into tears. That no-good Echopaw! She ruined everything! "And to be honest, Shadowpaw. I don't understand why Mistpaw would turn down such a beautiful, young she-cat" he blushed. Shadowpaw smiled, her eyes returning to normal. "Thanks, Rustheart. Now, good night" she mewed, shutting her eyes.