Chapter 9 |:| The Nightcrosser

"The world might hate you,

 But I don't, take this, use it well"

«– • –»

     After scanning the door, taking in the light scratch marks and rusted parts on it. I grabbed the handle and turned it, causing the door to open. Once again it was pitch black, I reached over to the left side of the door and placed my servo on the wall searching for a light switch or multiple. Finally, I had found them and turned all of them on, all of them making a clicking sound as they flicked downwards.

     My optics widened just as they did when I was staring at the Nemesis, but this time it was a smaller ship. A much smaller ship, it looked to be a scouting ship, which seemed odd, why would you need something like this? Especially down here, wouldn't you want it above ground; patrolling the skies? But I wouldn't question.

     I rushed to the ship and entered through the door on the back which was down, surprisingly. As I stepped in I took everything in, this ship; it was perfect, this one was mine. The mechs aren't having this one, they're not even going to get close to it.

     Walking further into the ship I noticed that everything was basically the same colour as my armour, Is that a coincidence? Or just creepy?  I thought walking into the control room. It had two seats up front and it looked like you could fly it from either seat. Stepping closer I stroked my digits over the small button on the panel. I looked out the windshield and made it a priority to take the ship out for a fly sometime. 

    Suddenly there was a loud crash coming from one of the rooms in the back. I took out Lunam and held it in position. I slowly walked forward and yelled out in a threatening voice, "Come out now, or I will be forced to make you," there was no answer for a second but eventually somebot stepped out of the shadows.

     My optics widened and I relaxed slightly out of shock, the bot looked exactly like me and I mean EXACTLY. This had to be one of the imposters, but what were they doing in Kaon? I thought their crimes were based in Iacon which is quite a while away. Unless that was the whole point. They make it seem like they would have set up a base there when actually they had set it up in Kaon so they wouldn't be found. And it had to be the exact same warehouse we were stationed at, brilliant. Am I right?

     I stared at the bot waiting for them to make a move though nothing happened, so I was the first to make a move, "Who are you?" I questioned, not expecting to get an answer, it's not like a criminal would tell me their designation, "You can call me Nightrage or Silence, whatever you prefer," the imposter replied sweetly. 

     I growled and lunged for her with Lunam aiming for her abdomen. 'Silence' tried to dodge but failed and I plunged Lunam into her tanks. She cried out and fell to her knees holding her stomach, "You may look like me but you can't fight like me," I said, with a hint of amusement lacing my voice.

     I looked around the ship once again, taking in all the details of it and assumed it could be voice activated just like the other, "Systems reset," I ordered and the ship restarted, "Shutdown until I give the command to online," The ship did as it was told.

    I grabbed 'Silence' by the neck cables and only then did I notice the lightbender on her left leg, "You sneaky little, glitch," I whispered underneath my breath, I kicked it off and watched her turn back into her actually form. It was a femme with black and god armour, her build almost the same as mine and she was quite a pretty femme, "Now tell me your designation," I demanded, she stayed silent, I gave her a look. One intimidating enough to make her speak, "Strider," She said her voice almost a whimper.