Chapter 4 |:| The pits

"You can never truly be you,
  Until you stop hiding behind that mask"

«— • —»

     Darkness. Cold darkness. Why? Why did this happen? Why did he do this to me? I will kill him, hunt him down 'til my last breath. I sat in the kitchen corner of my housing unit, the dark hid my frame from him. I couldn't even say his name, it disgusted me. I wanted, no, needed to leave this place nightmares. Find somewhere I was accepted. I heard the screams of my brother, I couldn't let him get hurt I have to get us out. Now. Find somewhere else.

     I ran out of my safe spot and up the stairs towards Element's room, the screaming got even louder with every step I took. There had to be someway to get out. Suddenly I stopped in front of my door and looked out the window, I could see the two moons and all the stars that sparkled in the night sky filling it with light. That's where I wanted to be, I wanted to be up in space with Cybertron's Elite Guard. I wanted to know how to fight. So I trained myself everyday, I stole money from richer bots everyday and gave it to Element. I knew he wanted to become a doctor, so he used it for school. That sneaking around helped me a lot with learning how to kill your opponent or disable even disarm them.

     I was snapped out of my thoughts when another scream filled the still air. I would use the window in my room to get us out. Finally I reached Element's room and kicked the door open. Yes running from cops and sometimes the Elite Guard had its benefits. Element was sitting in the corner of his room, right next to the window. Just in front of him was our sire with a small dagger in his hand. He had turned to me when I kicked the door open the knife still ready in his servo. I could see Element all curled up with cuts everywhere the worst ones were on his cheeks. I frowned when I turned back to sire my small mind filled with fear. But protectiveness overrode those feelings. I needed to get us out of the horrid place, "Well, well. If it isn't little Nightrage. What are you going to do?tickle me?" I scowled at him. He couldn't talk to me in that manner.

     I stood in a fighting stance, "No you fragging glitch head. I'm going to frag you up 'til your missing both optics!" I yelled at him, I knew Element was looking and I didn't want him to but I had to get rid of sire, "Aww, she's got a temper, come starry Night let's dance," he taunted, I scowled only carrier called me starry Night. I charged at him with a battle cry, he swung his knife at my helm but I slid under and kicked him in the back using enough force to knock him over. Sire got up off the floor and stared swinging randomly I dodged every swing. I looked for a weakness I couldn't find one until he started to leave his helm open. I jumped up above his helm and flipped, I kicked him in the back of the helm and he fell down unconscious. I glared at his limp for and picked up my brother racing to the window in my room.

     Setting down Element I opened the window hastily mostly because I didn't know when sire would wake up. I pushed Element through the window, placing him on the platform outside. The sudden sound of pedesteps made me move quicker, "Stay hidden Element. Whatever happens don't come out," I ordered firmly he nodded and ducked behind the wall clutching himself. I turned to face the doorway where sire was standing, "You're going to pay for that little girl," I scowled and walked closer the knife still in his servo, "No I will not because I'm leaving with Element and never coming back. You have treated us like slag, so I'm going to go find somebot who truly cares!" I stated, I swear I saw a little hurt in his optics. But it must've been a trick of the light. I glared one last time at him before jumping through the window and grabbing Element.

     I jumped down onto the metal surface of the ground and started running towards the city of Kaon. I knew we would find somewhere to stay there.

«—•—•—•—»