Chapter 13 - The Devil You Know

Motel room 

Amber's Pov.

3 weeks later...

"Well, I don't know if it's important but... The guy, his face. It was dark and smoky. I couldn't really see his actual face. just smoke." She said. She hesitates for a moment but continues.

"My mom was the same. Except her eyes was this weird bright blue light. So bright I could never actually see her real face." She said unsure if it was important. My eyes widen as I looked over at Dean. We made eye contact for a moment.

"Kendra can you... Can you see the true faces of demons?" I asked shocked. I looked between all of us.

"I... I don't know," 

***

The conversation was still rolling around in my head. And that was three weeks ago. Kendra has the same powers as me... Or at least some of them. She could see angels and demons real faces. The big question is, why? And How? And apparently, her mom was also an angel. The similarities were really starting to freak me out now. 

The last few weeks have been quiet. At least for Kendra and me. Sam and Dean have been on hunts, dealt with the big bad and at the same time trying to find out what the hell is going on with me and Kendra. 

But we have been here in the bunker almost the entire time. I have taught Kendra about hunting and monsters. I told her about our powers and what we know about them so far. She's all caught up. We have actually gotten quite close in just three weeks. I have taught her about hunting while she's taught me about normal school things. She's actually really smart, a lot like Sam. 

Things between me and Dean is a little weird. We haven't talked about the fact that I called him dad. It's like it never happened. but it did and we both know it. Call me naive but I felt like that ever since he sent me to Jody. Maybe it was just me desperately needing a father figure and Dean just so happens to be the first one available. Or maybe it was the fact that in some ways I saw myself in him. Not wanting to be alone, the horrible memories, The unbearable guilt. I just hope that I didn't ruin anything by my slip up at the barn. 

But last week was when things started to get really weird. Kendra started to act differently. She's normally this happy girl with a lot of energy but over the last few days she's become quieter, she always seems so serious. And careless, like she couldn't care less about anything or anyone around her. I was starting to get worried.  

I was currently sitting in the library working on some homework Sam gave me the week before. I'm pretty sure he's part teacher. Kendra was in her room for reasons I do not know. I wondered if I should talk to her about what was with her. But before I could make a decision Sam walks into the library, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"How's the essay going?" He asked as he sits down across from me and hands me a plate with a burger. I grab it and send him a smile.

"It's going okay, I think. But you know it's a little hard to write about something it since it has such a long history." I said with a smile.

"Well, The Men of letters did exist in a long time. It still kind of does, since me and Dean are legacies."  He said with a laugh.

"Speaking of, where is Dean anyways?" I asked as I took a bit of my burger.

"He's parking the car in the garage..." He said. There was a moment of silence.

"Hey, Amber have you noticed something about Kendra lately? Like she might be acting a little weird?" He asked carefully. I sighed.