Chapter 7 - The Family Friend

The Bunker

Amber's Pov

The next morning I woke up early and walked out to the kitchen. I was the first one op so I decided to make breakfast for the boys. I began to make scrambled eggs and some bacon. Just as I finished Sam walked into the room.

"Good morning," I said as I made a plate with breakfast ready for him. He looked at me confused.

"Uh good morning. What are you doing." He asked. He sat down at the table as I placed the plate in front of him.

"I was up early so I thought I would make you guys some breakfast," I said with a smile. He chuckled as he took a bite.

"Wow, this is really good." He said.

"Thanks. It your brother up yet?" He looked at me for a moment.

"Uh, he's still sleeping. But I can go get him?" He suggested and I nodded for him to do so. A few minutes past before both brothers returned. Dean looked annoyed for being woken up but his mood soon changed when he spotted the bacon on the plate I place beside Sams.

"Morning Dean," I said as I took my own plate and sat down across from the brothers.

"Morning Amber," Dean said with his mouth full of bacon. Both me and Sam chuckled.

"I knew you could make breakfast but didn't know you make it this good," Dean said smiling.

"Well, thanks," I said proudly. "So uhm... About me talking to the demon..." I started but Dean quickly cut me off.

"Uh, uh. No, you're not talking to him, end of story." He said, suddenly turning protective.

"Why not? It's my fault Kendra is in trouble. I should be beating the crab out of him." I said, suddenly getting frustrated.

"Okay, easy there. Listen it's not your fault okay? But we have no idea what is going on with your powers and since they are triggered by anger..." Sam said pausing before Dean continued.

"We can't risk you going all mega evolution again."

"I won't okay? Just... please. At least just let me be in the room while you're there too." I pleaded. They looked at each other for a moment before Dean sighed. I won.

"Okay fine but, you don't go in there alone got it?" Dean said at pointing at me. I nodded with a smile on my face as I ran back to my room.

"Her smile will be the death of me..." I heard Dean said before I was too far away to hear anything else. I found myself smiling a little at that.

When I got to my room, I quickly walked in and closed the door behind me. I went over to my closet and picked some clothes to wear for the day, then I changed. Suddenly my phone started to ring from my desk. I walked over and without looking at the caller I picked up.

"Hello?" I asked, Suddenly remembering what Dean had taught me about picking up without looking at the caller.

"Amber? Hey, why didn't you come to school?" Matt asked. I stood there in shock. I had totally forgotten to tell him, that I would be with Sam and Dean for some time.

"Matt, Hey uh.... yeah, sorry. I forgot to tell you, I'm on a vacation with some family friends. So I won't be coming to school for a couple of weeks." I lied. God, I hated lying to him, but it was one of the first rules they taught me. We do what we do and we shut up about it. Don't ever tell people the truth.