Chapter 8 - The Father Figure

The Park

Amber's Pov

As I was running towards the park I realized that this was the first time I would break the rules. It never occurred to me before now. Maybe because I have gotten used to people not hurting me because I break the rules. Or maybe because I usually don't break the rules. I finally came to the park and I saw him sitting on a bench. It was starting to get a little dark since we drove for several hours. I ran up behind him and surprised him.

"Hey, Matt," I said. He jumped off the bench.

"Jesus, don't do that, Amber!" He said which caused me to slightly laugh at him. But a smile quickly appeared on his face and he hugged me.

"Hey," he said after letting go again. "So, vacation uh?"

"Yeah, I uh... I needed a little break that's all." I lied.

"And it has nothing to do with Kendra also not coming to school? You know she's been reported missing?" He asked.

"What? I... I didn't know that." I lied again. Maybe Dean was right. It's hard to live both lives. To lie to your friends. I just hope my acting you be good enough to convince him.

"Yeah Her parents are worried sick."

"Also, Remember the guys I told you about? The ones who brought me to Jody's?" I asked. He nodded. I had told him about them. Not everything obviously but, I told him they save me from an abusive father, then after a month to make sure my father was "sent to jail" they sent me to Jody. And he knows how I've been after that. So he's not their biggest fan.

"Well, It's actually them I'm on a vacation with..." I said quietly. He looked at me with shock and anger.

"What? Them? They left you here, right? I thought...." He started but I cut him off.

"Hey calm down. It's just a couple of weeks I promise. And all of that, I got it figured out." I said, my hands on his shoulders. "But, that's not why I'm here. I'm here to hang out with you, so what do you want to do?" I said with a smile.

~

Jody's House

Dean's Pov

"You find anything?" I ask Jody after half an hour or so of looking in the living room.

"Nada, sorry. Have you checked on Amber?" She asked. Which made me realize that I hadn't heard from her since we got here. I got to her room and knocked.

"Amber? You found it yet?" There was no answer. I knocked again. Still no answer. Then tried to open the door but it was locked. Starting to Panic I did the only thing that came to mind. I kicked the door in.

"Amber!?" I practically yelled. Jody came running to see what was going on. The room was empty. "Damn it!"

"Where is she?" Jody asked.

"She's probably with that Matt guy," I said as I started to walk towards the front door. "I should've known she just wanted to come here so she could meet up with him."

"And what's wrong with that?" Jody asked. I stopped and looked at her.

"Because She's out there alone. And there might be demons after her. I can't risk her getting hurt again." I admitted.

"I'm sure she's safe Dean, but we'll find her." She assured me.

"Do you know Where they normally hang out?" I asked as I walked out the front door and headed for the car.

"Try the park that's usually where she likes to be." She replies.

"God if he did anything to her..." I said.