Chapter 6 - Who Is In Control?

Bunker

Amber's Pov

As we walk down the stairs I could feel myself getting more and more nervous. Sam had taken another way into the bunker to take the demon into the dungeon. Dean must have noticed my nervousness.

"You' okay?" He asked with a small smile on his face. I looked up at him.

"Just a little nervous I guess..." I said looking down again. I heard him chuckle.

We got to the door and Dean got the key and unlocked the door, but before he opened the door he looked at me.

"Ready?"

"I've been ready for 4 months," I said and I didn't miss the guilty look on his face as he opens the door and let me go in first. It was just like the first time I walked in those doors and on to the little platform...

***

We walk down a little staircase to where the door is, and Dean unlocks it. He walks in and Sam lets me go before him. I walk down some more stairs and down to another door where Dean again unlocks. We walk into a little platform. Dean walks down even more stairs, but I just walk over to the railing. I look out at the big room that I'm in.

There are two big main rooms beside each other. The one I'm in has a big table with a map on it in the middle and there are two openings on each side. Then on the opposite side of where I am, there is another big opening to the other big room. It looks like a big library, with 3 tables and a lot of bookshelves.

"This is your home?" I finally ask after enduring all of that.

"Yep. Home sweet Bunker" Dean said from down the stairs.

"We have been here for a few years now," Sam said behind me. We then walk down the stairs.

***

"I missed this place," I said as I was leaning against the railing. "Just as amazing as I remember."

"Well, it hasn't really changed so much," Dean said as he walked past me down the stairs.

"I know, but who wants to live in a so-called 'normal' house when you can live in a place like this?" I said without really thinking. Dean looked up at me with a frown on his face.

"You know how lucky you are? You got a chance at a normal life." Dean said in a harsh tone.

"Yeah, I got a chance at a life that reminded me of my life with my dad," I said a little more harshly than I meant to, as I walked down the stairs. He looked at me confused.

"It reminded you of your dad?"

"Kind of... Living in a normal house, going to school. Being the outsider. The freak..." I said lowering my voice as I talked. "At least here I was considered normal. Here, having weird powers was considered normal. That's one of the reasons I like it here."

Dean didn't answer he just looked at me with an expression I couldn't read. Just then Sam joined us in the room.

"Okay, I locked up the demon. Maybe we should get some rest before we do anything else." Sam suggested.

"Sounds like a plan. We'll talk to the demon tomorrow. Amber, get some rest okay?" Dean told me as he handed me my duffel bag. I nodded and started to walk back to my old room.

I walked through the hallways and I remember the way as if it was just yesterday I was here last. I found my room. Number 14. I slowly open the door and walk in. Everything looks just like when I left it. Except there was a heavy smell of whiskey in the room. Ignoring it for now, but planning on asking about it later I put my duffel bag on my bed and started to unpack. I placed my book on the shelf and my clothes in the closet. I then took out an old picture of Sam and Dean that Jody gave me. They must have been 22 and 26 or something on the picture.