Chapter 3 - The Truth Will Always Come

Jody's House

Dean's Pov.

After Amber went into her room I just stood there for a minute. Then out of frustration, I punched the wall.

"God damn it!" I snapped. Jody came rushing into the living room with a worried look.

"What are you doing? My house isn't made of metal you know." She said as she looks at the mark on the wall I had created.

"Sorry, Jody."

"I guess it didn't go very well."

"It was just as I expected. She hates us!" I said frustrated.

"Okay, let me one thing straight. Amber does not hate you, okay? She's just shocked that after four months of nothing you show up out of nowhere." Jody said. "She's just giving you a tough act but believe me she's not okay."

"What? What do you mean?" I asked worriedly.

"She acts tough. As if she's okay, but she's not. I barely see a smile on her face and she has nightmares most nights."

"Wait, she still has nightmares?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, she tries to hide it but, it's pretty clear."

"And you didn't do anything?" I asked more harshly then I meant to.

"Hey hey, whenever I hear her I try to comfort her but it doesn't help," Jody said in defends. "She always shut me out."

"So hows she really been here?" I asked worriedly.

"She hasn't told me anything but I can still tell you that if it was up to her." She started. "She would never have come here in the first place. She would've stayed with you. And do whatever you were doing." She finished.

Without saying anything I walked towards Ambers room to talk to her. I knocked on her door.

"Amber? Can I come in?" I asked.

There was no answer so I tried knocking again. Still no answer. I tried open the door slightly. I saw Amber lying on the bed with her headset on. Her eyes were closed.

"Amber?" I tried again.

She opened her eyes and looked at me. She then took her headset off and put them on the nightstand.

"Oh, hey." She said quietly.

I walked into her room and closed the door. She got up from her bed and moved over to a duffle bag. She started to take out different flannels.

"Going somewhere?" I asked as I took a step closer.

"No." She said without looking up.

"Then why is your duffle bag packed? If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm not going anywhere!" She snapped. She quickly looked guilty. "I just never unpacked."

"Why not? You've been here for four months." She didn't answer. She just looked at the bag.

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't unpack because I hoped you would come back for me, okay."

Guilt flowed over me. She was with us for about a month and she came to care about us so much.

"I know it was stupid to think that you would. I mean I'm a freak who can see demons and angels, why would anyone want me."

"Come on that's not true. I mean Jody let you stay here right? And me and Sam care about you."