Chapter 5 - Can't Run From The Past

Jody's House

Amber's Pov

We had just got back to Jody's house and was talking about what to do next. The demon was locked in the car with Sam watching him. We couldn't risk him getting away. I was sitting on the couch while Dean and Jody were standing.

"No, absolutely not. You are not bringing a demon into my house." Jody said.

"Jody we need him to find Kendra and we have to have him somewhere," Dean said in Defense.

"Yes I know that but you are not gonna bring him in here to interrogate him. Because I know how you do that and it ain't pretty."

"But-"

"I said no!"

Dean looked at the ground trying to find a response.

"Why don't you just go back to the bunker?" Jody said after a moment. Both me and Dean looked at her in some sort of shock.

"What?" Was Dean said.

"Well, you have a dungeon you can keep him in right? So why not just there?"

"Well because..." Dean started as he pointed at me.

"Because what? Because you don't want me there? Well, suck it up because we're going there in 10. So start packing!" I said taking control of the conversation. I didn't wait for their response. I just went to my room to start packing.

~

Deans Pov

After I had told Sam that we were going home I went back inside and walked towards Amber's room and knocked on the door. I didn't wait for an answer so I just opened the door and walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Hey," I said softly. She looked up from her duffle bag for a moment.

"Hey." She said simply.

"You done packing?" I said awkwardly.

"Uhm, no," She said, pointing at her bag. I nodded.

"Any specific reason you came in here?" She asked.

"Well, uhm..." I started. I wanted to explain why I send her but I just didn't know how. She put her clothes down and focused on me.

"I wanted to explain," I said.

"Explain what?"

"Why we send you here." She nodded and sat down on the bed.

"Okay then. Explain." Was all she said.

"Okay, uhm..." I didn't really know where to start. Suddenly Amber stood up from the bed.

"Okay if you don't want to talk about if fine and after we find Kendra you can send me back here and act as nothing happened." She said. I walked over and grabbed her arm and made her turn towards me.

"Hey, okay cut the crap. Me and Sam care about you okay? That's why we send you here. To protect you, okay?" I said in a serious voice. "I just..."

"Just what?"

"I didn't want it to happen again!"

"What?"

I sighed and looked down on the ground for a moment. I sat down on the bed. Amber did the same.

"About 7 years ago I lived a normal life. I had a girlfriend and I lived with her and her son." I said looking at nothing as I remembered what happened years ago.

"Her son Ben, became like a son to me. And when Sam came back I started to hunt again. I thought that I could do both. I thought I could hunt and have a family that doesn't hunt at the same time." I said. "But I, of course, I couldn't. They got hurt because of me, so I made them forget who I was. To keep them safe."

"So you're afraid that I will get hurt? I'm sorry but you're about 10 years late for that." Amber said.

"No I know, it's not just that. I don't know how to take care of a kid. And I... I don't want to raise a kid in this life okay? No kid should grow up the way I did." I said looking down at my hands.

"Wait you grew up with hunting?"

"Yeah, my life changed when I was four. That part we have in common."

"Yeah but you still had your brother growing up. You still had people that cared about you. I didn't. Honestly... I don't care where I live or how I live okay? All I care about is that I don't want to be alone anymore. I want a family, people that care about me and I care about them. And call me naive but I thought I had that." Amber said.

"You have that, okay? I just don't really know how to take care of kids." I said.

"That's a lie."

"What?"

"Well, you took care of me for a month right? And I'm guessing you also took care of Sam when you were kids."

I nodded.

"So I'm coming back with you, got it?" She said with a face that said she didn't want to ague. 

I just chuckled and nodded when Sam stepped in the door.

"Uhm, hey." He said surprised but a smile quickly appeared on his face.

"Well not to ruin the moment you two have but can we make get going? Before it gets dark?" He said.

Both me and Amber nodded and got off the bed. Amber quickly finished packing and we all went out to the living room.

~

Amber's Pov

"So what's the plan?" Jody asked.

"Well we're going back to the bunker and we're gonna get some information out of the black eyes douchebag," Dean said.

"And what about you? What's your plan?" Jody asked me. I looked at Sam And Dean for a moment.

"I'm going back." Was all I said. I could feel Sam's eyes in me. "And I'm staying there. Rather they want me to or not." I said. I could hear Dean chuckle a little.

"Okay then," Jody said as she walked over and hugged me. "You take care of those boys okay? And yourself."

"I will. I promise." I said as she let go. I smiled up at her.

"Well, that's new." She said.

"What?" Sam and Dean said at the same time.

"I've never seen her smile in the four months she's been here. She must really like you two." She said. I smiled again.

Then Sam and Dean walked over and hugged Jody too and we all said goodbye. We then walked out to the car and I looked back at the house one more time for a while as drove towards to bunker. My only thought.

I'm going home...