Chapter 12 - Take A Breath

The Bunker

Amber's Pov.

After several hours of driving, we finally made it back to the bunker. Dean packed the car in the garage before he and Sam got out and took our bags and started to walk inside. Kendra was still asleep in my lab so I decided to wake her.

"Hey, Kendra wake up. We're here." I said softly shaking her awake. She groaned as sat up.

"Where are we?" She asked. 

"The Bunker. Or as I like to call it: Home," I said with a smile as I got out of the car. 

"Come on let me show you around," I said as she also got out and followed me. I gave her the same tour Sam gave me when I first got here. I showed her the library, the front, the shooting range, the bathroom, the archives, and last her room.  

"Here is your room," I said pointing to the door with the number 12 on it. It was just across from my room. 

"I get my own room?" She asked not really understanding what was really going on. 

"Yeah as long as you're here, you get your own room," I said with a soft smile.   

"I still don't understand what is going on." She said. I nodded.

"Well Let's go back to the front and talk to Sam and Dean. I'm sure they'll explain everything."

~

The front  

We walked into the front and Sam and Dean were sitting beside each other talking. But as soon as we walk in the conversation stopped.

"Hey," I said as I sat down across from the brothers. Kendra unsure of what to do sat down beside me.

"Hey, Okay so we need to talk," Dean said going straight to the point. I nodded.

"Um, Kendra what happened? When you were taken?" Sam said softly. She looked over at me as if she's asking for permission. I nodded.

"Uhm... I was walking with Amber... in the park. At first, everything seemed normal. But then I got this feeling as if someone was watching me. Then Amber said she had a bad feeling. And then this weird smell of rotten eggs came out of nowhere. And... And then This guy just pops up in front of me... Out of nowhere by the way... And puts his hand on my shoulder before everything goes black and I pass out." She said. 

"And you don't remember anything after that?" Sam asked.

"No, just... Just that I was in that barn and this weird fire dog creature attacks me... and then you three show up." She said.

"What did the man look like?" I asked her. She thought for a minute.

"Uhm... He wasn't very tall. And, and he had this black coat on and had dark hair with a beard." 

I nodded and looked over at the brothers who were looking at each other, having a silent conversation. They both looked pissed.

"What is it?" I asked. Dean looked at me before sighing.

"Crowley.." Was all he said.

"Who's that?" Kendra and I said at the same time. The brothers looked at us with a weird expression for a moment. Then Dean glanced at Kendra.

"He's a demon." He said. I nodded, but Kendra's eyes widened.

"A... A demon? They're not real," She said with disbelief. 

"Afraid they are. Along with angels and all the weird creatures we thought was just scary stories." I said. She looked at me like I was crazy but eventually nodded. 

"Okay, Okay then what do we do now?" She asked looking over at the brothers. I look at her with confusion for a moment. Surprised that she didn't have a bigger reaction than that. 

"You two stay here and hang out. While Sam and I will find that son of a bitch and kick his ass for some answers." Dean said as they both stood up. I followed.

"Wait, hold on. I have to come with. This is about me just as much as it's about her." I said.

"Maybe, but Still gotta stay here. And take care of her," Dean said pointing to Kendra. I sighed knowing he wouldn't change his mind.

"Well, at least be careful," I said. They both nodded as Dean walked over and gave me a small hug before giving a quick kiss on the top of my head. 

"Promise, kiddo." He said before they both walked out towards the garage. I turned back to Kendra.

"So... What do you wanna do?" I asked awkwardly. she gave a small chuckle.

"You could start off with the truth..."

I sighed as I sat down beside her again.

"Well... It's far from pretty." I said.

"Neither is my past." She said blankly.

"Well, I most of what I told you was true. When I was four my mom was killed and my dad got possessed by an angel and started to torture me. Ten years later Sam and Dean come to town and saves me. A month later I killed the angel and I was sent to Jody's house where I live for four months until you disappeared," I said. 

"Your turn," I said. "What's your story." 

"Well, When I was also four my dad disappeared and my mom changed. She also started to torture me. Ten years later these creepy guys in suits broke into my house, killed my mom and went after me. But I ran before that happened. Then..." She paused, looking at me like she was about to say something but something stopped her from saying it. 

"Then a few months later I come to Sioux Falls and met you. Then get taken by apparently a demon and they had my memory erased, I think. Wake up next to a fire creature that's about to kill me and you and your family saved me." She said. 

"Sounds like both our past is seriously messed up," I said with a small chuckle. Kendra chuckled back.

"Yeah, they definitely are." She said, but with a smile.  There was a moment of silence.

"Hey, wanna check out the shooting range?" I asked.

"Hell yeah," She said And we ran off.

~

The Bunker

Hours later...

We were sitting at the map table eating when the door opened and the brothers walked in.

"Hey, how did it go? Did you find him?" I asked as I walked over and hugged Dean, then Sam.

"No the son of a bitch is off the radar. Not sure why, But I'm guessing it has something to do with you two." Dean said tiredly as he sat down at the table and grabbed the leftover pie. I sat down beside him while Sam sat across from us, beside Kendra.

"Kendra, is there anything else that comes to mind? Anything out of the ordinary?" Sam asked carefully. Kendra looked at me questionably, I nodded.

"Well, I don't know if it's important but... The guy, his face. It was dark and smoky. I couldn't really see his actual face. just smoke." She said. She hesitates for a moment but continues.

"My mom was the same. Except her eyes was this weird bright blue light. So bright I could never actually see her real face." She said unsure if it was important. My eyes widen as I looked over at Dean. We made eye contact for a moment.

"Kendra can you... Can you see the true faces of demons?" I asked shocked. I looked between all of us.

"I... I don't know,"