Chapter Forty-Four.

Start from the beginning

So...” I repeated, raising my eyebrows.

“You’re pretty.”

“And you’re drunk.” I kept my eyebrows raised. “Who’d you go to the bar with?”

“Me, myself and...wait for it...” He slurred, “I.”

I couldn’t help but tip my head back and let out a hysterical laugh. I’d seen Zacky drunk plenty of times, but never this happy. It was nice to see, as well as amusing.

My laughter was short-lived though, when he gently pinched my chin between his thumb and forefinger and tipped my head forward again to look at him. At that, I raised an eyebrow, but he just looked at me with adorable puppy dog eyes.

“What?” I questioned, chuckling.

He simply shrugged, at which my laughter continued. I guess the alcohol was the reason for all my laughing, though it was once again short-lived when he tugged on my arm and made me float on my back, while he did the same beside me.

We floated in silence for what seemed like ages, staring up at the night sky. It was nice, because the water was a warm temperature and I felt truly comfortable around Zacky. There was barely any sound, apart from the calm trickle of the water, but the silence around that was soothing.

Soon growing the want to do something other than float on my back, I dipped under the water, allowing my whole body to go under. I soon felt Zacky join me, and he took hold of my hands. Of course, it was only so long that we could hold our breaths, and we soon bobbed back up again.

I raised my arms to run my hands through my hair, though he gently grabbed hold of my wrists, just holding onto them and staring at me.

“Is my makeup smudged?” I questioned, blinking.

He chuckled, shaking his head. “Nope.”

Feeling relieved at that, I began to look around the place to avoid his gaze. It wasn’t long before my eyes landed on the cave that I’d spent a whole day drinking in the other day, and suddenly felt the want to go back inside it.

Without saying anything, I slowly pulled myself out of Zacky’s grasp and began to walk out of the water, grabbing my shirt from the sand but not pulling it back on.

Zacky quickly followed, ignoring his shirt on the sand and quickly catching up with me.

“Where are we going?” He asked interestedly.

“To that cave.” I nodded towards it, quickening my pace slightly.

“Can I also look?” He smiled.

“I’m not stopping you.” I giggled, stepping into the cave and being met with a sense wonderment now that I was seeing it at night. “Whoa...”

There was a gap right in the roof of the cave, wide enough for the moonlight to shine through, which lit it up enough for us to see each other. It was literally amazing.

“It’s pretty dark in here...” Zacky stated, also staring around as he stepped further in.

“I like the dark...” I murmured, my eyes fixed on the moonlight shining through the gap.

“Me too.” He chuckled attractively.

With a smile, I leant against the wall of the cave, still staring up at the roof. I could feel Zacky edging closer to me, but I didn’t meet his gaze. I was too mesmerized by the moon.

Until he kissed me.

It was so sudden and passionate that I could do nothing but stand and blink. He deepened the kiss immediately, and while I was too shocked to do anything, he raised a hand and gently stroked my cheek.