No way... Mom?

Wanting to make sure I didn't pass out, I pinch my arm to see if it hurt, which it does. Meaning I'm not dreaming.

"Am I drunk or high or what the fuck," I whisper into the empty room.

Seconds after the words leave my lips, I hear a sudden knock at the door, scaring me and causing me to fall off of the couch. With a little groan, I pick myself up and walk into my bedroom, grabbing my wallet, keys, and phone before I walk over to the door.

After shoving my phone and wallet into my pockets, I open the door, seeing Ze standing in front of me with a little smile on his face. "Hey, buddy; how you feeling?"

"I've been better," I say, a little smile forming on my face.

After locking my door, I follow Ze to his car in the parking lot, jump in, and look out the window while he starts the drive. He and I stay silent for a bit; however, he eventually breaks it.

"So, what happened last night?"

"What did Brock tell you?"

"Okay, uh, he told me that you got pulled over last night and the officer that did it knew who you were and scared you in a way. He didn't go into detail about it though."

I sigh and keep my eyes on the window. "Well, there's a cop that goes to the club a lot. He's normally one of my regulars. And when he gets drunk, he normally took things too far and he would try to grab me. Normally I would smack his hands away, cut him off, and move on. Nothing serious.
Well, last night, I wasn't really paying attention and I was speeding. He pulled me over, gave me a warning, and then... Then he got weird, and he made me really uncontrollable."

"What do you mean? What happened?"

I take a deep breath before saying, "He reached into my car and put his hand under my chin and ran his finger on my cheek. And, he kept calling me a good boy, and offered to make sure I got home safely."

"He what?!"

"I don't know. I mean, he didn't do anything else to me. Maybe I was just overreacting."

"No, Evan, you weren't."

I look over to Ze and quickly notice his face is scrunched up in anger, and his hands are turning white with how tightly he's gripping the steering wheel. "Did you say he could touch you like that?"

"No."

"Then he shouldn't have touched you. Face, shoulder, whatever. At the club, that's one thing. But if he was on the job and he pulled you over, he would have no reason to touch you unless he needed to search you or arrest you. End of story.
As for offering to make sure you got home safely, I'm calling bullshit. Not after he touched you like that."

I blink and stare at him in shock.

"What was the name of the bastard?"

"Uh, Officer James Nova."

"James Nova... I'm going to talk to Mike about this bastard tonight."

"Steven, you don't need to. I'm fin-"

"Evan," he stops me, looking over to me through the corner of his eye. The look in his eye is different but familiar. It's the same look he had in his eyes when I had my panic attack at the club. "What he did was wrong, stupid, and an abuse of his power. He knew you would be afraid of him because of his job, and he was hoping you would be dumb enough to let your guard down. Whatever he had planned for you was not good."

I stare at Ze in shock for a good minute, not saying a word. Not even knowing what to say. Finally, after a bit, I ask, "What's going to happen to him?"