Chapter 20

Hey Foxes!

Holy sh- I'm shook! Thank you all so much for getting this story up to 10K views! I can't believe how fast this story is growing! Seriously, I can't say thank you enough for reading through this and for staying around, even with my slow uploads. There's still plenty more left to go through for this story, so I won't take up anymore time. Let's get on with the chapter!

-------------------------------------------

"There's my sexy little stripper," I hear Jonathan say as he walks over to my car.

I smirk and push myself off of the car as I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and kiss him. His hands immediately slide around my waist and he pulls me close to him. When we break our kiss, he and I switch places. I wrap one of my arms around his waist and he wraps one of his arms around my neck before we start walking to his apartment.

"So, what were you thinking we could do for dinner," I ask him.

"I actually was going to cook chicken pramason, but I though it would be fun to cook with you."

I giggle before I bump him with my hip. "That definitely does sound like fun. I've never really cooked before."

"You haven't?"

I shake my head and look down. "I've mainly gotten things I could just heat up for the last two years."

"What about when you were living at home? Didn't your parents make you cook for a night or something?"

I shake my head again and try not to let my smile fall. It's a bit hard however. All that my mind is pulling out now is the fact that my parents never really bought food when their addiction took a hold of them. I remember sneaking out the window of my bedroom to steal food from some mom and pop stores. I remember how many nights I had such a hard time falling asleep because my stomach was growling so much.  So many things that haunt me, but I can't let cloud my mind. I know they didn't mean for any of those things to have happen. It was their addiction. The darkness that hang over them. It wasn't them.

"Evan," I hear Jon say loudly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"Where did you go?"

"Uh, I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I think for a second, and decide that it would be best for me to talk about some of the things on my mind. I don't want to tell him about my family, however, "Something happened at work."

"Oh god, what happened this time?"

I take a deep breath and pull away, leaning again the wall next to his apartment door. "One of our most popular dancers fell off the stage."

"What? Is he okay?"

"He's fine. Luckily he didn't hit his head when he fell, but last I saw, he was still passed out."

"Do you guys know what caused him to fall," he asked as he opened the door and walked me into his apartment.

"Apparently he fainted due to exhaustion," I tell him as I closed the door. "He had been working every day since Ohm and Bryce left, and he was helping my boss talk to some possible partners."

"Partners?"

We walk over to his kitchen and I lean against the counter as he starts to pull out everything that we would need. "Panda had been thinking of opening more clubs under his name. He just needed some people to help us with the money. The club does well, but there have been cases where a successful business would open another store or something, and it fails. It's risky, but it could definitely pay out."