Chapter 22

Nikita's P.O.V

I stood there for a minute observing everyone. After a couple more minutes went by I gave a small nod to everyone to indicate it was time. Just as I lifted my eyes up to find Blair I had someone jump in front of me ready to attack. I quickly moved out of the way and grabbed him by the leg and threw him into a tree. With every distraction Blair got further and further away from me. I looked around at the scene that played out in front of me and so far we seemed to be winning.

Then I noticed Landyn surrounded by four of her men which didn't sit to well for me I rushed over to help him. I leaped over Landyn and collided with one of the men about to stab him. I sunk my canines into his neck and shook until he stopped squirming about. I stepped away only to be tackled to the ground by another guy. I was fighting to get him off of me when a white wolf tackled him.

After the white wolf killed the man we shared a look and I knew it was Xander who came to my rescue. As much as I wanted to stay with him and nuzzle him in a hug I still had to find Blair. I get up on my paws and take off in the direction Blair was headed in. I was zeroing in on her so I decided to shift back into my human form. In doing so I knew i would be stark naked so I stayed as close to the tree line as possible. I found a duffle bag with extra clothes in it. I quickly sent Melinda a silent thank you and put the clothes on. As I continue towards Blair she has her back to me. When I'm inches away from her she suddenly turns to face me and I tackle her to the ground.

We roll for a couple of seconds and she ends up on top of me. Clutching my throat in her hands I try once to push her off of me with no luck. Instead struggling against her I wait for her to lean in closer and punch her in the face. She rolls to the side of me and I change our current position to where I am on top of her. I hold her by the collar of her shirt and start punching her wherever my fist lands. After the fourth blow I am flying through the air and land hard on the ground on my arm.

Blair used her telekinesis to throw me off of her, than continued to run away. You would think she would be running toward me and not away from me as much fuss as she made over this damn amulet. I sit up grasping onto my shoulder which is out of socket. And I do believe my arm is broken but to hell with this I'm done playing her mind games. I gave chase one more time. This time when I caught up to her I shifted mid leap and grabbed ahold of her throat.

As we fell to the ground for the umpteenth time today, I felt a piercing pain in my back between my rib cage and spine. I fought the urge to howl in pain but progressed in ripping her throat out. I didn't move until I heard the gurgling of blood stop. That's when I looked into her eyes to see a soulless shell of a being infront of me. Satisfied with my work I began to back track to my pack. I managed to make it half way before the pain got worse.

It was physically getting harder for me to breath with each step I took so I laid down on the ground. Feeling myself start to slip away from consciousness I do the one thing I can think of and that is howl to my pack and hope someone finds me.

Xander's P.O.V

I awoke to find myself outside with a massive amount of bloodshed happening around me. I look up and see a male on top of my mate and I loose it. Cage forces himself into control due to the fact our mate is in danger. We swiftly shift and tackle the man off our mate.

I would have liked it if she would have shown us a some affection but that didn't happen. Nikita jumped up and took off like a bat out of hell in search of someone. If I had to guess I would have to say it was Blair. If I intervened on that Nikita would hurt me so I stayed to help here. I look around to see if anyone needed help but found nothing. These warriors had fallen fast because the lack of numbers.

It looked like a total blood bath out here. Warriors from both sides laid sprawled out on the ground. Blood, organs and some body parts where scattered around. I couldn't tell how many I had lost. A good ten minutes have passed and clean up has already begun. I am in the midst of helping aid my pack and Jordan's when I feel an unbearable amount of pain coming from my back. Which is strange because I didn't fight for very long.

"Mate, mate, go help mate." Cage all but demanded.

"Okay calm..." I was cut off by the weakest, saddest howl I have heard in a long time. It almost sounds like someone dying. Then it all clicked and I ran like hell towards the direction of that howl.

"Oh Moon Goddess please let Nikita be unharmed." I chanted in my head until I got to her.

I quickly crumple to the ground and grab her wolf gently in my arms. I searched for injuries and found a knife handle that I didn't dare touch. I picked her up as carefully as possible and carried her back to where everyone was gathered but instead of stopping I continued on picking up my pace until I was running. Again praying that everything would be alright. I only slowed down when I saw my pack territory come into view and yelled at them to open the gates.

I rush to the pack doctor and lay her down on a bed.

"Dear Goddess what happened?" Dr.Bay asked as she rushed into the room.

I was at a loss for words and could only point to her back. I gave Dr.Bay a pointed 'I will KILL you if she dies' look and walk out of the room. I had been in a private waiting room for about thirty minutes before anyone showed up.

"Please tell us she is okay." Bo said as he walked in the room.

I look up to see only my best friend in the room and lose it. The dam had broken I couldn't stop the tears freely flowing from my eyes.

"I don't know man, the haven't came out to talk to me yet. I'm so scared right now Bo I can't lose her." I told him.

"Bro, Nikita is a fighter there is no way in hell she is gonna die she wouldn't do that to us." Bo said.

Before I could respond Dr. Bay came in to talk to me.

"We were able to remove the knife successfully. However, she has lost a significant amount of blood so we had to do a transfusion. Luckily we had all we needed here, the Moon Goddess was really looking out for everyone today." She says with a smile.

"When can I see her?" I asked breathing a sigh of relief.

"They are sleeping right now but you could go in the room if you stay quiet." Dr.Bay replied.

"They I thought it was only Nikita in there?" I asked confused.

"Yes they, it would seem that our Luna is approximately four weeks pregnant." She informed me.

With this information I ran to her room and sat there with our fingers intertwined until she woke up.

"Hey" a croaky voice spoke to me.

Nikita's P.O.V

I awoke to the annoying sound of hospital monitors beeping. I slowly cracked my eyes and looked left.

"Hi." I said to Xander my voice coming out hoarse and cracking.

He called for the doctor to come in which she obliged. She came in and checked my vitals. And asked me some questions. When she finished she looked at me with a big cheesing grin.

"By the way congratulations your going to be a Mommy." with that she walked out of the room.

I looked at Xander for a moment before tugging his arm towards me and making room on the bed. I curl up as close to him as possible and tell him one thing.

"I did good for a Beta Turned Luna."

The End
*******

Yay I did it I finished the book. Now the ultimate question is do I make an epilogue??? You lovelies tell me. As for now I hope you have enjoyed the story I am aware of the much needed editing which I will get too soon hopefully. Thank you so much for reading Beta Turned Luna it has been fun.