Chapter 7

These past three days went by in a blur. Between training the pack members and trying to come up with an answer that I was supposed to give yesterday I have been avoiding Xander and Jordan both. Even in training when one would try to talk to me I would quickly help a wolf who was struggling with something.

Needless to say I think I'm scared. Nothing in this world has scared me so much other than when I lost my parents. But even then I still had a family to take care of me. I guess it's time too get it together. Of course I was going to go with Xander or I wouldn't have secretly started packing two days ago. Plus I waspacking right now. Although I haven't officially told them I was leaving I think Jordan figured it out because he was knocking on my door right now.

"Nikita will you please let me in so we can talk? You're acting like a five year old." Jordan says.

"My door is unlocked and I'm not acting like a five year old." I say as I finish packing the last of my things in my duffle bags.

Jordan walks in and immediatly a frown settles on his face and his shoulders slump as he sees the duffle bags on the floor and half of my room missing.

"So you are leaving with him?" he said it as a statement but it came out like a question.

"Yes Jordan I am and I shouldn't have to tell you why he is my mate. Why can't you be happy for me, is it really much to ask that my best friend is happy for me?" I say with a irritated tone.

Seriously Jordan is my best friend one would think that he would be happy that I found my mate. I know I would be happy if he found his and of course when he does you can bet that she is gonna hear the whole 'he is my best friend you break his heart I'll break your face' speech. Geez one could actually say that Jordan is jealous by the way he was acting.

"Are you jealous or something because you've never acted like this before?"

"Me jealous of him, pfft what reason would I have to be?"

"I don't know Jordan you tell me, I know I've been avoiding y'all but I've never given you the cold shoulder treatment." I spat getting very angry.

"Hmm I'll tell ya why because he has my best friend and the sweetest sour patch kid as a mate and I don't." Jordan practically was yelling at me know.

"What does that mean and don't yell at me or I'll punch you."

"I love you thats what it means, I have since we were kids, you just never noticed because you were always distracted with school or training." He said then he left my room.

Really....really....really? Seriously did he just do that. I'm shocked, hell stunned even but I never felt a pull towards Jordan. Well not a romantic one at least he has been with me since we were kids. He was there for me when my parents died. He was there for me threw me getting my wolf. Hell he was even there for me when kids were bullying me about a crush I had in middle school. He was my rock. But this I would have never thought of.

Oh well feelings aside we don't get to choose our mates. They are chosen for us. Speaking of mates I need to find mine before he thinks I'm going to reject him or something. So I leave my room in search of Xander.

I go into the living room where Houston is sitting. I ask him if he has seen Xander and he points to the training grounds. I yell a quick 'thanks' as I run out the door. I really hope he isn't mad at me. I have a natural flaw of being able to piss people of easily. I was known as the button pusher until I was 10 and got my wolf. Then it turned into hot headed button pusher. Ha it makes me laugh now but I was a real brat as a kid.

I find Xander in the gym wailing on a punching bag. My punching bag to be exact. When I got angry as a kid the alpha would have me wail on it to keep my anger down.

To get his attention I did a wolf whistle (haha wolf whistle) I crack myself up. His head snapped up to my direction and he had to grab the punching bag so it wouldn't hit him. While looking at me he slowly slid to the floor. I couldn't really tell why so I walked over to where he was. I really need to talk to him but what I see makes mine and Xena's heart hurt. He is crying.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask him while I wrap my arms around him feeling the sparks and warmth radiating from him.

"You're gonna stay hear with him aren't you?" he asked.

"What gave you that idea?" I asked looking at him confused.

"I was coming to your room to talk to you since you have been avoiding me and I heard what he said about loving you...." he couldn't finish what he was saying because I cut him off.

"Hold up, first off I was packing my things when Jordan came to talk to me. Second I have know Jordan all my life he is my best friend/big brother so I don't have that kind of love for him. And third it's not polite to eavesdrop on a conversation if you only catch the end of it because that leads to assuming and you know what they say about assuming, it makes an ass out of you and me." I finish my rant with him looking at me weirdly like I just grew three heads or something.

"You're coming with me then?.." it was said like a question but meant like a statement.

"Yes ya idjit now shall we go?" I said smiling while standing up, moon goddess I hope I'm making the right choice here.

Xander's men were packing my things into an suv and everyone had gathered around to say their good-byes well everyone but Jordan his parents were even hear.

"Oh my sweet little girl, be safe, be strong and be happy. You can always come visit us anytime you want too." Luna Gwen told me as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

"If you hurt her ever even the slightest little bit I will find you and you won't like it when I get ahold of you" I heard Alpha Ryker talking to Xander. I couldn't help but smile at his overprotective words. It sounds like something my dad might have said. I look up at the sky smiling remembering them hoping they are watching over me. I hope I make them proud some day.

We climb into his car which I must say is a beauty by the way it's a '67 chevy impala I'm so jelly it's one of my dream cars. I give one final wave bye and we left on a two and a half hour car ride.

~~~~

Ok my lovelys here is another chapter for you guys. Thank you for reading this is my first book so bare with me if it is cringy or whatnot.