Chapter 21

Nikita's P.O.V

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I roll over and look at the clock it read 3:00 a.m in big purple numbers. Ugh to early but the rescue mission needs to be done and I need to prepare the warriors. I just hope Jordan brought his warriors as well.

I make my way groggily to my bathroom to complete my morning routine. After my shower I wonder to my closet and hope I have something to fight in just in case it comes to that. I spend twenty minutes looking for something which is wasting time. Finally, I decide on yoga pants and a tank top it's not restricting and I can move in it. I grab my sneakers put my hair up and run to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

When I finish my coffee I make my way to the training grounds. There I see all my warriors and Jordan's. I was shocked he came through for me. I walked around the group until I was front and center. After everyone settled down I began to explain the plan to them.

"To start off I want everyone to understand that in no way, shape, or form is this plan 100% full proof. I have very minimal intel about this place. So I can't say that there won't be blood shed. It is very possible so be prepared for anything, stay vigilant and one your toes. With that being said if anyone wants to back out right now speak up before I go into detail with the plan." I say and give everyone a chance to think this through.

The fact that nobody walked away, or even batted an eyelash at this tiny fact blew me away. With that notion my pride and love for both packs grew immensely.

"Moving on then. We are going to split up into three teams. Each team has there own objective throughout this mission. Team one is going to be the extraction team. Our job is to get in as swiftly and quietly as possible without alerting anyone. Team one is made up of Bo, Landyn, Jordan, Atticus, Melinda and myself.

Team two you are going to be dealing with the left side of the perimeter. Spread out and keep an eye out. If you run into any trouble take them out. Team two will consist of my warriors.

Team three you guys are in charge of the right side of the perimeter. Same thing goes for yall as for team two. And team three is Jordan's warriors.

There is a contingency plan if plan a doesn't run smoothly. If indeed there is a need to fight I want y'all to wait for my signal before everyone rushes into help. The signal will be when I shift to my wolf. Now everyone load up, let's get this show on the road." I said as we break into our teams.

We make our way to the black SUVs I had set up waiting for us. Thankfully the sun hasn't started to rise yet. When we get to the dirt road leading up to the house we park the SUVs in the woods out of sight thanks to Melinda casting a cloaking spell over them.

We broke up into our teams and headed for our objective. Rescue Xander. I decide that it would be a good idea to scale the trees so we don't get caught. Sixteen trees and twelve splinters later we made it to the last tree.

From the looks of things there are no guards to protect the place. Plus Melinda didn't sense any protection spells and there are no wards around either. As I jump out of the tree I do however notice a camera pointed towards the door.

I scan the area for any other cameras and look for sensor traps. With everyone else out of the trees that help me look as well. Altogether we spot three more cameras. Two on the corners of the house and one in the tree line facing the driveway.

We haven't spotted a sensor trap though. We swiftly make our way to the side of the house. When we make it to the side of the house we start searching for cellar doors. I pray to the Moon Goddess that we find one and don't get caught in the process.

"I found something." Bo whisper-yelled to us.

We went over to investigate what he found and sure enough it was a way in to the basement. I slowly pull the door open because it's rusted and super creaky. When the door is open enough to allow us in we head into the darkness. Allowing a few seconds for my eyesight to adjust I inhale a deep breath in hopes of catching Xanders scent. When nothing but the old musty basement smell hit me I began to slightly panic.

"He is here Nikita I can feel him through the bond." Xena tried to reassure me.

"If he were here then wouldn't I be able to sense him?" I asked her.

"Not if the witch has cast a spell to mask his scent but nonetheless Xander is here and I can feel it." Xena said with a wolfy smile.

Xena has never lead me to mistrust her so I was putting my faith in her.  We continue to walk until we come to a fork in the path. Now I know what your thinking 'they are in a basement how is there a fork it should be small'. Well it's not small it's freakishly large just like the house. I put my nose in the air again in hopes of catching a hint of a scent. Finally, getting what I wanted I ran at full speed.

The wonderful aroma of my mates scent. But it was mixed with the pungent smell of blood. When I found him he looked to be unconscious and he was bleeding. I pulled hard at his restraints only to hiss and whine at the sudden jolt of pain. Thankfully Melinda lent a helping hand and the chains came off. Bo and Landyn grabbed him and we started back in the direction we came from.

To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was trying really hard to keep Xena at bay but our mate was hurt. Just like me she wanted blood. We made it outside and around the house only to be stopped by the bitch herself. I could now put a face with the name of the monster I wanted dead. She was the reason for all of this and for what some magic. Well that magic she wasn't going to get.

"It took you long enough to find us." Blair said with a bored tone.

"How did you know we were even looking?" I asked.

"Oh, sweety I had your mate. I knew you would come looking for him. Though I do have to say you showed up a tad bit earlier than I expected and for that I'm impressed." She said while examining her nails.

At that I had to roll my eyes she was starting to annoy me.

"Now hand over the amulet like a good little mutt and everything will be just fine."

"What makes you think I even have the amulet? I could have thrown it into the depths of the ocean."

"Well because that would be a stupid thing to do and you're not stupid. We both know the magic contained within it is powerful and I want it so hand it over." She demanded.

"What if I don't want to hand it over?" I asked smugly.

"Then that makes you stupid because one way or another I will have that amulet." She sneered at me.

"Over my dead body will you get this amulet."

"That can be arranged." Blair said as a small army of people appeared out of thin air.

Looking around she had maybe eighty to a hundred warriors behind her. It was a damn good thing I prepared for a fight. If I didn't I would so be screwed.

"Do you honestly think I only brought five people with me? If it's a fight you want then bring it on." I told her before shifting into my wolf.

Following my orders from this morning all the warriors came storming out of the woods ready for a fight. They completely surrounded us and waited for further orders.

******
Bum bum bum
Okay my lovelies here is a chapter. Sad to say the next chapter will be the last one. I'm excited for it. I honestly didn't think I would get this far so thank you to everyone who has read Beta Turned Luna.