Chapter 8

"I have a grand idea for this trip." I say while messing with the radio just channel surfing til a song hit me.

"Whats that?" Xander said side eyeing me.

"Let's play 20 questions, since we just met and we know very slim about each other."

"Ok you first." he said going with the idea.

"Hmm what's your favorite color?"

"Blue. What about you?"

"Purple, what's your favorite food?"

"Pizza easily and yours?"

"Hmm thats a tough one I really love all kinds of food but I guess it's a tie between tacos and fried okra." I said and with that he gave me a strangle look and chuckled lightly.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked.

"Nope only child you?"

"Umm no... I-I mean unless you can count Jordan but as for blood siblings than no." I said gloomy like looking down at my hands kinda sad.

"Hey what's wrong? I didn't mean to upseat you with that question if I did." he said while grabbing my hand for comfort.

"No it's ok. It's just I never got a chance to have any family other than Alpha, Luna and Jordan they have been great and all but I don't know I guess I've just always had a small empty space inside of me." I said with a few tears falling from my eyes.

Great I'm crying, just the thing I wanted to do turn into a blubbering mess in front of my mate. I hardly ever cry and I don't cry in front of people that's just not who I am. Now I'm going to be all red faced and tear stained when I meet his pack. Someone blow me away, this is gonna be a horrible awkward mess.

I must have been lost in thought because when I snapped back to reality the car was parked and I had Xander standing with my door open pulling me into a giant bear hug. I buried my face into his chest and asked if we could do the whole introduction thing later. Thankfully he agreed and took me straight to his room where I sat on the bed a wept like a sad pup for two hours. I haven't been this sad since that day and a whole six months after.

Xander must have left to do something because when I finally got out of my small funk I heard the door shut and I smelt food not just any food though it was fried okra. I sniffed in the amazing scent and quickly looked to see where the deliciousness was coming from. Xander brought a small bowl filled to the rim with the heavenly goodness and smiled at me.

"Here eat, if you finish this there is more downstrairs, where dinner is taking place in like fifteen minutes."

I jumped up and grabbed the bowl inhaling the okra. I looked at Xander who had his mouth gaped at me. "Close your mouth you might catch a fly." I told him playfully while looking at the door contemplating about more food.

Of course going downstairs means I have to meet people. So I would have to have to change and get ready which I didn't want to do but I did want more okra and my stomach told the entire bedroom so, it growled really loud. Almost as loud as I do when I'm full of rage. So I stood there looking at the door than at myself then back at the door. I repeated that motion about fifteen more time the said screw it, either they like me for who I am or they don't like me at all I could careless at this moment. As I moved passed Xander I grabbed his arm and headed for the door.

"What are you doing?" he questioned.

"I'm going to get more food why?"

"Don't you want to change first?"

"No food first, if your pack members can't handle me at my semi-worst/worst than they won't handle me at my best, same goes for you mister now lets go I'm hungry and I need more okra." I said with a smirk and pulled him out the door.

We got to the dining hall and it was massive like six times bigger than what I was used to. It was filled with around six hundred and fiftyish pack members. Now it was my turn for a jaw drop, which it did and can you guess what Xander said to me can ya? "Close your mouth you might catch a fly." I scowled at him and made my way to the buffet set up. When I had my three plates made I headed to the table where Xander and Bo were. After gently putting my plates down I plopped in the seat next to my mate who looked at my plates then shared a look with his beta then back at me.

  "Is something wrong?" I asked.

  "Nope nothing at all." Xander said.

  "Then why are you staring at me like I just grew three heads?"

  "Just shocked is all."

  "What's so shocking about a girl who can eat just as much if not more than an alpha?" I questioned challangingly giving a slight eye roll.

  "Is that a challenge Nikita?"

  "Hmm let me think.....yes."

   Okay so I know it's not smart to challenge an alpha but come on this was way more fun than fighting for a stupid title. Yes I'm well aware that I'm not watching my girlish figure but as a werewolf and a Beta I worked off a grand majority of my calorie intake daily so screw it. I was two plates ahead of Xander, I just polished off my eighth plate him his sixth and he was looking green. He pushed his plate away and placed his head on the table. I stopped eating to see if my mate was ok.

   I got up and walked over to him. As I started to run his back he quickly snaked his arms around my waist. It was a trick he started peppering kisses all over my face while tickling my sides. I was laughing so hard I forgot how to breath so I put my hands up in surrender then he let me go. When I got my bearings back he looked at me with adoration.

  "So you got eight plates and I got six I'd say you won this one, but aren't you concerned about the girlish figure whatnots?" He asked

  "Hell no unlike those girls over in that general area that are looking at me like I'm a freak who needs to loose some weight I'm perfectly fine with how I look. I'm still a growing wolf who needs food to survive not a salad. I mean I train on the daily anyways so why let food go to waste." I said smircking.

  "You are so damn perfect, I don't know how my pack and I got so lucky to have you." he said.

   After dinner we went back up too his room. I immediatly claimed dibs on showering first. When I was done I pulled on a pair of my shorts and a tank top and laid in bed. As Xander walked out of the bathroom drying his hair I couldn't help stare at his bare chest as water trickled down him.

  "Earth to Nikita, you're gonna pierce your lip if you don't stop staring at me." he said while waving his hand in front of my face.

   Dear goddess I think I might die of embarresment. I quickly rolled over and closed my eyes. Goddess help me he is gorgeous. He laughed at me as he laid down next to me pulling me close to his chest. I was fast asleep in no time.

♤♤♤♤♤

  Ok lovelys here is a chapter sorry if it took too long. Let me know what ya think btws really thinking about doing the next chapter in xanders pov but idk yet..... Enjoy