Chapter 9

Xander's POV

   I was in euphoria ever since I met Nikita. I know I had a brief run in with her at the Alpha's meeting. It didn't really set in that day that she was my mate. I mean even though I helped her up and came into contact with her we didn't fully introduce ourselves but her scent did stick with me. Even when I went to her pack to get help with training my warriors her scent was still strong. I still didn't think anything of it until she showed up in the gym with her head held high and shoulders squared like she was perpared for anything. Her olive skin and long blackish blue hair and those gorgeous piercing blue eyes had my wolf Cage drooling. And with her workout clothes granted I didn't like the male attention she was getting I kept calm because she looked ready to fight and I didn't want to be her target just yet.

   After we realised that we were mates and caused a small scene she quickly brushed it off and continued on her mission when Pheonix stopped her rudely. I stood back still talking to Jordan. Cage and I wanted to see what our mate could do. Needless too say she did very well for herself by not loosing control. Well that is until we were gathered upstairs and Pheonix said something very unpleasent and Nikita snapped. I was gonna stop her but Jordan pulled me back before I could get close enough. Then hell broke loose. I thought for sure she would shift and kill her but she stayed in human form proving she isn't weak. After she slammed her knee into Pheonix's chest and ribs someone pulled her off saving Pheonix. Nikita thrashed for a couple of minutes then stilled. I wanted to rip the guy off of her but still held back.

   After talking to Jordan that night she completely ignored me for three days I legitamitly thought she was going to reject me and those thoughts hurt me and Cage. I wouldn't be able to survive without my beautiful strong mate. But when she said she would return to my pack with me I was glad and happy again.

   When we finally arrived at my pack house she was crying and I felt like a total ass for making her cry. After she spent a few hours in my room I figured food would help so I had the cook make fried okra as a side with dinner for Nikita even though I loved it too. Getting her downstairs was rather easy and she amused me with the eating challenge. I don't she how she didn't vomit after her fourth plate, most of the girls would only make it too maybe two plates and call it quits but she got eight. She is perfect.

   It was about 2:30 in the morning when my phone rang on my bedside table.

  "Hello" I answered.

  "Alpha we need you to come to the east border we have a situation that you need to see." Bo told me.

  "Ok give me fifteen minutes I'll be there." I told him as I swung my legs off the bed.

   I quickly put on some sweatpants and a shirt and left for the eastern border. It would be easier to shift and go so thats what I did. When I got to the border three guards and Bo where huddled in a small circle discussing something. Which I'm pretty sure is gonna be bad but I walk up to them and ask anyways.

   "What could happen at 2 a.m. that needs my attention?" I asked and they all jumped.

  "Well there where some wolves that came close to the border, almost crossed then backed away-" Bo started.

  "Dude you could have told me this in the morning." I cut him off getting irritated because they woke me up too early.

   "That's not the weird part though Alpha." Bo said.

  "Then what is the weird part?"

  "The weird part is they did it three more times then threw something over the border and left with a howl." Bo told me.

   Well that is strange but what did they throw over was the question and would it cause harm to my pack, my mate and I?

  "What did they throw?" I asked

  "We can't find it thats why we called you so we could set up a perimeter of where the object might be and we can look in for it in the daylight." Bo told me.

I growled lowly at them. I was really irritated that they had actually called me at two in the freaking morning to have me help set up a perimeter for something that could have waited for the morning. But oh well I'm here now so I might as well help but you better believe Bo will get an ear full for this shit later today. After I'm well rested and ready to yell at him.

We went in four different directions all stopping at a certain point of where the object could have landed. Finding my spot I drove the stake into the ground then told Bo I was going back to bed. I drug myself back up the stairs half asleep. When I made it to my room I flopped down on my bed face first and snuggled up with my mate. Sleep quickly found me and I was out like a light.

It was about five thirty in the morning when I was starting to wake up. I know some people think it's to early in the morning. Hell I even thought it was too early when I first got the title Alpha, but after a while it became my normal routine. I rolled over to grab my mate again only to feel that the bed was empty. I wasn't completely awake when I started to freak out and I fell out of the bed and landed on my face. I searched all over my room bathroom and closet included and she wasn't here.

"Why don't you use your nose you idiot." Cage told me while shaking his head at me.

Oh yeah I totally forgot I could do that duh, I'm really not awake this morning. I told him

Taking Cage's advice I smelt the air for my mate and headed in the direction it was coming from. When I finally found her she was in the kitchen. I could also smell fresh coffee, bacon, eggs and biscuits and gravy. I slowly walked up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. Bad idea for me she grabbed my hand and threw her elbow into my ribcage then my nose.

"Ouch for f*cks sake what was that for?" I asked her as I clutched my nose.

She turned around and suddenly started to freak out.

"Oh my goddess I am so sorry I didn't know it was you who was behind me." she said while rushing around grabbing a towel for my nose.

My god my nose I think she broke it. I mind link the pack doctor to come to my house quickly. Within minutes there is a knock on the door. Nikita answers it and tells Dax what happened as they walk to the kitchen. He looks at me and bursts into a fit of laughter. I growl at him and he quickly shuts up. He looks at my nose and deduces that it is indeed broken. After he sets it back in place he gives me some pain meds and tells me to relax today so it can heal quicker.

"I am so sorry Xander I feel so bad. I was deep in thought and you scared me it was just a reflex." Nikita told me while hugging me.

Nikita's POV

Oh sweet cheese and crackers I can't believe I broke his nose. I am such an idiot I should have guessed it was just him. I mean it is just us two in the house. I broke the hug and ran to the room. Thankfully the food was already done and I wouldn't burn anything. I really just want to hide under the covers right now I feel so stupid. I really is too early.

When I get to the room I lay back on the bed and try to go back to sleep. Or maybe I'm just dreaming and I didn't really break his nose. I pinch myself on the arm. Nope definitely not asleep I really did it. I lay down and put my pillow over my face. I roll onto my stomach and lay there waiting. Should I go back down there or wait for a while. I vote for the latter and begin to fall asleep.

Suddenly the door swings open and there stands my mate with a tray of the food that I made. Awe he is so cute. I break his nose and he brings me breakfast in bed. He places the tray over my lap and sits down beside me. After breakfast we enjoy the rest of the day laying in bed cuddling and watch tv.

~~~~

Tada finally done with this chapter. Ok lovely's if you enjoy it comment and let me know....