Chapter 15

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. With a searing pain shooting from my abdomen to my core. An ear screeching scream tore past my lips as I doubled over in pain and a wave of nausea hit me like a typhoon.

I was scrambling off the bed to make it to the bathroom in time. Just as I found the toilet I was loosing my stomach contents in the dark. Ugh this cycle of heat might just be the death of me. Suddenly, I felt one hand pull my hair out-of-the-way and another rub my back as a second round of vomit left my mouth.

When my stomach had nothing left Xander turned the shower on for me. Before stepping in the shower I stumbled to the sink and brushed my teeth. He picked me up and placed me under the shower. It didn't really help the pain but it did help with the heat radiating off my body in mass waves.

About an hour into my cold shower I started to get the chills. After getting out I wrapped the biggest, fluffiest towel I could find around my body. My mind started to wonder as I dried my body and wrapped the towel back around my self. Instead of going to the closet to get clothes I go straight back to bed hoping to get a few more hours of sleep.

I woke up once again but this time to the sun shining brightly in my face. Climbing out of bed I went too the closet for some clothes. Shorts and a tank top is what I put on due to being so hot. Now the crappy thing is I'm hungry and we live in the pack house. Ugh we need to get our own house.

I make my way to the kitchen and am getting stares from all the unmated men. Yeah we really need our own house. In the kitchen I'm making me a sandwich when someone other than my mate grabs me. And by grabs me I mean puts both arms around my waist.

I felt his chest on my back. About the time I'm placing my plate of food on the counter said person is leaning his head down lower. This person is either really cocky or pretty stupid. As a reflex of mine I throw my head backwards essentially head-butting him in the nose. But I didn't stop there. No I twisted my body around punched him as hard as I could in his gut, causing him to double over in pain. The last blow was my knee smashing into his skull making him fall to the ground.

Before he hit the floor an earth-shaking growl ripped through the air. There standing in the door way like a pissed off but proud god was my mate. I'm guessing he watched the whole scene in front of him. I had to step over the asshat to grab my food, then went to the room like nothing happened.

I didn't even bother to look at who grabbed me. The idiot deserved it. I was placing my now empty plate on the side table when Xander came barreling through the door. He was looking at me like I did something wrong. I just wanted food so I'm in the clear. Or at least I didn't think so.

"What in the Goddesses name where you thinking?" Xander asked me when he calmed down a smidge.

"I was thinking that I was hungry and also we need to get our own house so shit like this doesn't happen." I replied.

"You could have been hurt or worse someone could have mated you." he tells me with a frown.

"Really did you not see what happened in the kitchen?" I asked in a duh tone. "I'm pretty certain I can take care of myself, plus I wanted food and you weren't here so I got my own food." I was all but yelling at him now.

How dare he think that I'm some helpless damsel in distress. I can take care of myself. I've proved it on more than one occasion. I have been trained as Beta so I had to learn to fight. I broke his nose, hell I'm pretty sure I just broke that guys face and ribs. Ugh I need to get out of here heat or not. Or at least be alone.

"GET OUT!" I yelled and shucked a pillow at him not wanting to break anything I can't pay for.

"This is my room and I will leave when I'm ready to leave." He said with anger in his voice.

"Fine, then I'm leaving." I said as I walked past him to the door.

Before I could get the door open a hand was placed on it keeping it shut. The other hand started to slowly creep around my waist and pulled me back against his chest. No matter how much I struggled to get free he wouldn't budge so I did the next best thing. I plopped down on the floor.

That obviously worked because I didn't feel an arm around me anymore. But my victory was short lived when he pulled me off the floor making me face him.

"Where do you think your going?" he asked me.

"Well since this is your room I'm going to go find a spare room where I can sleep." I told him with hurt in my voice.

"Uh no your going to back to the bed and go to sleep."

"Why it's your bed not mine, not ours but yours so if you will excuse me." I said trying to get out of the room again.

Yet again still no luck. Xander hoisted me up like a sack of potatoes and put me on the bed. I whimper at the sudden loss of contact. I don't think he heard because he turns and walks toward the closet.

"I'm going to shower stay there." He pretty much commands me.

When I hear the water running I hop up and go to the closet in search of less comfortable clothes. In other words my lingerie. Yes found it, I grab my purple nighty that has matching undies. I'm so tired of waiting for the right time. I slip on my new outfit and walk back into the room.

The shower is still running so I still have sometime. I silently run and dim the lights and make my way back to the bed. I just sit there preparing myself, giving myself a pep talk when the bathroom door opens. I look at Xander and his violet eyes slowly start to turn black as he looks me up and down.

He stalks over to the bed in three long strides and picks me up. I easily wrap my legs around his waist. He places his lips on mine in a rough but passionate kiss. We had a small heated make out session that ended up with us in the bed with me on his lap.

"Are you sure about this. I mean I know heat makes people do things so if you want me to stop at anytime let me know."he said giving me another kiss.

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't be wearing this, now shut up and mate me." I told him.

And that's what happened for the rest of the night.

~~~~

Okay lovelies so I decided to leave the smut out because I would like to keep the book PG-13 at least.
So on that note tell me what you like, what you hate, vote, ya know the fun stuff and please remember this book is in the wattys. And thank you for reading and being patient with me