Chapter XII: Internal Demons.

°×*×°

Astoria's popped open out of her dream and the light coming streaming from the window, a possessive arm wrapped her torso. Her body ached as she moved slightly and hissed in pain from the light in her eyes and her tired body. Cosmo got up from her feet and walked closer to her and meowed with each step he took.

The arm around her tightened but suddenly, unexpected soon loosen with a small growl and the bed moved. Astoria croaked when she felt the covers being thrown off of her and her body being slowly lifted off of the bed in bridal style

"What are you doing?" Astoria asked but Pluto ignored her and kicked open the bathroom door that apparently had a new knob but now the door itself had a slight dent in it from the force of his brutal hit.

Dropping Astoria who was still fully clothed in a pink vest with white shorts into the tub after clogging the drain. Before Astoria could voice her protest, Pluto turned on the hot water and watched it fill until her body was submerged. Astoria moaned loudly and sank deeper into the water but stop when one of Pluto's tattoos moved slightly and it caught her eyes.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, stay quiet."

Astoria watched his body again to see if it would happen again but when it didn't occur, she thought that she was going crazy but watched as his right hand fingers grew claws and he looked down at his left arm until he saw a tattoo in the shape of a devil mask on his inner arm.

He took no hesitation to stick his left hand in the inside of the water and gripped her leg. "This will hurt slightly." Pluto slitted his forearm in a long slash and the black blood oozed out but quickly sucked back to continuously flowing into his veins but they bulged and strained against the skin until the blood reached his wrist and his left finger sank deep into her foot that he held tightly, Astoria screamed as his claws digged deeper into her soft flesh. She had never felt this burning sensation before, she watched speechless as the blood wormed its way up her leg to her thigh until it disappeared. She knew it was swimming its way up to some part of her but she didn't know where exactly until she felt it.

Her heart thumped faster and pumped harder, she felt as if her chest would explode and her heart would leap out. She heard it in her ears, a loud, beating pressure. This thumping was so loud that she didn't know she was screaming so much that Pluto had let go of her leg and he now stood watching her instead with his arms folded.

Astoria thrashed but she felt her body become more sensitive and the familiar ache of her head as she grew horns, the bleeding finger nails that accommodated her claws and the red gums that grew fangs. Her eyes were now pitch black and her body was on fire. Astoria looked down at her tail that was making its way to Pluto in a charming manner. It curled and swayed until it wrapped itself around his left arm.

Screaming once more until the pain subsided, Astoria's body cooled as well as her additional attributes receded except for her tail, Astoria was noticing that it had a mind of its own and didn't exactly obey her.

Astoria sighed as her body felt lighter and didn't ache as much as when she woke up. Pluto moved to the submerged Astoria and unclogged the tub. The water that surrounded her left nosily and in a rush down the drain. Pluto walked to her leg and lifted it to see that his claw marks had healed along with the rest of her bruises. Pluto hummed in satisfaction as he went to pull of her pants but his hand was slapped away.

"I can take them off myself." Astoria grumbled under her breath. Pluto had taken a step back and leaned back against the wall, folding his arms with his usual devilish smirk on his face. His muscles were so much more defined in that position than Astoria had noticed before when she was in pain so she eyeballed his biceps.