Chapter XIX: Caged.

°×*×°
Pluto pulled up the supermarket and slid out easily. "Do not move," He walked out to her side of the car, opened her door, unblocked the seat and pulled her out the car. Pluto even led her inside by pulling her by his side with intertwined fingers.

Astoria looked up to that the main colour of it; it was red with different selected areas in green and noticed that there was a little shelter area before actually entering the supermarket that had automatic sliding opening doors with a weight platform by them so that when you walked across, a little quiet bell sounded and alerted the workers there.

When they entered the sliding doors, the bell dinged softly. Surprisingly the super market's front door personal hurried and came up to them, bowed then rose their heads to asked, "How may I help you today, Your Majesties?"

"Word travels fast here," Astoria muttered.

"That's what happens when you try to run away from me." Pluto bit back, flicking his wrist in a shooing manner causing them to bow and walk away from the automatic opening doors

"Buy whatever, we live alone now." Astoria's forehead wrinkled at the statement. "What about Abaddon?" Pluto growled and pulled her into the cart section and dragged out a cart then grabbed her wrist and force them on the cart handle ignoring her question and moving out of the way, he whispered into her ears lowly so only she could hear "Now if you try to run.. you will regret it immediately, " Pluto grabbed her neck to kiss her cheek then stepped behind her allowing her to walk up.

The supermarket seemed mostly empty with only a few demons buying alcohol and other necessities and every single one of them either bowed or nodded their heads in respect. Astoria had even seen a little girl smile up to her with her parents after she had bowed. Astoria returned the smile but subconsciously rubbed the area of the hidden gem with visibly markings.

"So I'm allowed to buy anything? At all?" Astoria shaked her head of the thought of how she had gotten that gem and walked forward to the frozen goods freezer amd looked back at Pluto standing tall with his arms folded, he nodded at her question.

Astoria opened the freezer and fridge started throwing cheeses, milk, eggs, butter and yogurt. Astoria took Pluto's words very literally as waffles, frozen french fries packages, ice cream tins; strawberry, vanilla and cookies and cream, frozen pizza, chicken cutlets, hamburgers and even nuggets.

Pluto's face remained neutral but the creases of his eyes told Astoria that he was indeed watching her closely and curious of all she had just thrown inside. By the time they had reached the fresh bread station, Astoria had taken up rice, pasta and different sauces along with canned soups, cereals, chicken broth, canned tuna and peanut butter with jelly jars.

She had somehow even convinced Pluto to leave her side by begging for him to pick up sodas, juice and water bottles. Smelling the fresh bread made Astoria's stomach grumble and she bought some bread with just out of the oven other pastries. This made Astoria remember she could also make her own bread instead of buying it as it seemed more cost efficient and much more fun. So yeast, flour, sugar, baking soda and powder and vanilla extract were added as well.

When Pluto looked at how full the cart was, he raised his eyebrows and muttered under his breath but all the response he received was a shrug as she picked up more stuff. Astoria kept walking until she found the snack aisle and she threw way more than necessary Doritos and Cheetos inside with even oreos and lays; other junk foods.

Astoria spun around, "Do we have the basics at home? Like cooking oil, sugar and salt, pepper that type of stuff at home too or do I need that as well?" Astoria placed a hand on her hip and started tapping her opposite leg. "Perhaps you need some garlic, chilli or minced onion powder and don't forget the cumin and cinnamon, we don't want tasteless food now do we?"