Chapt > Thirty - Five

> K E E G A N

"Demi have more sense then you

"Demi have more sense then you. Call that man up and tell that you need him for protection, comfort, and love"Ms. Dorothy said looking at Demi. "She's cries for him Keegan and your not listening to her cries, nor yours"

"What makes you think that I'm crying for him?"I narrowed my eyebrows.

"I can see it in your eyes Keegan. Your stress out cause of some man following yo every move saying that he loves you but really wants to kill you"

"Marcus? He can't kill me"I said.

"You told me he's bipolar right"

I nod my head slowly. "Yeah"

"He's going to kill you. Cause he can't see you with nobody else. If he can't be with you then no one can"she said. Her words made me feel scared. What if Marcus really wants to kill me? "Why you think he told you to get Dave out the apartment. He didn't want to it before he kill him"

"You must know Marcus. You use to watch him or something?"I ask.

"I was reading about him 4 years ago when he beating that girl real bad, caused her to lose her vision and hearing. I saw him in real life grabbing this girl arm so tight that he actually sprained her arm. I know Marcus sweetheart and you should stay away from him"

"Ms. Dorothy, was you at the club?"I chuckled.

"Sometimes"she giggle. I shook my head at her and sigh. "Your safe, for now. I recommend you calling Dave and telling him that you really need him....."

"I don't really need him"I said.

"You need to let go what he did to you in the past"

"He is the cause for me losing my child. I was so stressed out that I lost my baby Ms. Dorothy. He left me and Demi at that hospital and never look back"I cried.

"Like I said, just let go of that. He came back for demi and wanted to start over. He made a mistake and a lot of niggas make mistakes"

"Well that was the biggest mistake of his life. He should of never done that"I sniffle. "I really wanna him. I miss us"

"Be a family again. Go on back to New York, leave and never come back"

"What about you?"I ask.

"I'm fine. This my home"she smiled.

"California is my home. I want to see my mom"I smiled. "She never seen Demi in a long time"

"Go back"Ms. Dorothy said.

"I will"I mumble.

"Mommy, telephone"Demi handed me the phone. I grabbed it from her small hands and walk to the back.

"Hello"

"Keegan, we have the apartment ready for you. It's on Ceasers street, 176 Apt C"

I thanked the Lord that I finally have my apartment. I been waiting for this moment.

"Cry on my shoulder later. Come and see it"

"Thank you so much again"I cried.

"Your welcome Keegan" he hung up the phone. I dance a bit smiling that I finally have a apartment. I walk back to the front with a smile on my face.

"I have the apartment"I smiled.

"That's wonderful"Ms. Dorothy smiled.

"He told me to be over there now"I grab my bag. "Demi put your shoes on"

"I'ma drive you there"Ms. Dorothy said. She put on her shoes and grab her purse.

"Ms. Dorothy, I'ma hook you up with Loui"I said.

"I'm good staying cheap"

>LATER

"This is better then the last one

"This is better then the last one. No offense"I said.

"It's okay. You deserve it"the landlord said. "Now my brother owns this apartment complex. Respect him okay"

"I will"I smiled. He waved good bye and walked out. Ms. Dorothy was on in my kitchen looking around.

"Lawd, this is beautiful"she said.

"I know"I smiled.

"Mommy i like this apartment!"Demi came running back to me from her new bedroom.

"You like it"I smiled. She nod her head.

"Did you call Marilyn and told her where your new apartment was?"Ms. Dorothy ask.

"Yeah I did"I said.

Me and Ms. Dorothy was talking while having some good ole wine. I didn't really buy the wine. I guess it was present from my old landlord. I look down at my phone on the table seeing Dave name popping up.

Dave_ what you doing?

Me_ drinking wine with Ms. Dorothy. What's up?

Dave_ just checking up on you. Heard what Marcus did😒😤

Me_ well I handle it so🤷🏾‍♀️

Dave_ so. So you don't care that he's hurting you🤔

Me_ call me

I sigh putting my wine glass down. "Tell him everything Keegan, you need him"

I nod my head and walk to the room with my phone. I felt my phone vibrate in my hands. I took a deep breath and answered it.

"Hello"

"If it's about child support. I don't want to talk"

"No, it's about Demi"

"What's wrong? Did he hurt her? If he did, I'ma kill that nigga and dump his body in the damn ocean"

"No, Demi fine but she misses you"I said. "She told me to call you cause we need protection"

"Protection? So he is doing something he ain't got no business on doing. Is he hurting y'all?"

"Dave, Marcus is bipolar. Demi is scared of him that he might kill me. Ms. Dorothy told me stories about him, I'm scared Dave"I started crying. "I'm sorry that I listen to him and told you to leave"

"It's okay"

"That's all you gone say, is it's okay. Baby say something"

"Now I'm baby. Okay Keegan, I'ma come down there for Demi not for you"

Even tho that shit hurted, I'm happy that he's coming. "Okay, that's fine. For demi"

"Kiss Demi for me. Love y'all"

I have to tell Demi that her daddy is coming back.