Chapt > Ten

> K E E G A N

I walked around south beach looking for something to wear at the concert this week

I walked around south beach looking for something to wear at the concert this week. Marcus told me to go shopping and he gave me his card. I don't want to be a gold digger with this man. So I didn't spend anything with his card, only my card.

"I need some new eyelashes"I mumble to myself. I walk inside this hair store so I can find some eyelashes. Or maybe I can order them online. I don't really buy my eyelashes from out of a store.

"Can I help you ma'am?"the lady ask.

"Yes, I need some lip gloss"I said.

"Yes we have lip gloss over here"she showed me where the lip gloss was gone be at. I grab one of them and look at it. It was nice. I want it.

"I'll get this one"I said. I walk to the counter putting down the lip gloss. As I was bout to pay for my item, I saw Anna walking inside the store with Kairi. What is Anna doing down here?

"Here you go ma'am"the lady have me the bag. I smiled and walked out the store not even looking back. I don't want Kairi seeing me and then Anna rolling her eyes at me.

But if Anna and Kairi in Miami, does that mean that Dave is in Miami too.  Can't be. He would of called me already.

I walk to my car so I can go back to work and return this card to Marcus. To me, I think he's moving a little bit to fast with me. Giving me his money, wants me to stay at his house sometimes, and wants me to meet the family. I think we should get to know each other a bit more then I can meet his family.

>LATER

"Hey"I walk in the office.

"What you got from the store?"Marcus ask.

"Nothing really. I have a closet full of stuff"I said then smiled. "What you doing?"

"Just finished a report. One of my restaurant had a investigation"he said.

"Investigation? What happened?"

"Some girl was found dead with cocaine in her nose. Foam coming from her mouth. She was all blue"he wipe his eyes. "Why this had to happen?"

"It's okay Marcus. She's in a peaceful place"I said.

"I know that. But why my restaurant, could of been somebody else restaurant"he said.

"Maybe your restaurant is a hiding spot for some drug dealers. Plus, it's around the corner from the ghetto"I said.

"So you think I should close it down. It wasn't making money anyways"he said.

"That's up to you"I said.

"Okay. Whatever the queen say"he smiled.

"What you doing today?"I ask trying to make a conversation.

"I have a meeting with a singer that is in the concert. He's new to this Miami thing"Marcus said.

"Oh okay. Well I should be get going, Demi doesn't like staying with Ms. Dorothy for a long time and I'm not really working"I said grabbing my purse and phone.

"You want to come to the meeting with me?"Marcus ask.

I chuckled then looked at my phone. "No, I don't want to distract you from your meeting"

"You distracting me now. Just come with me, we'll go out to eat after the meeting"he said.

Should I? I guess I can learn more about him.

"Okay"