"I didn't realize she meant here. I don't even know the name of this town." I frowned.

There was a long silence after that.

"Quinn?" He whispered causing me to reluctantly look up to see him staring down at me with pleading eyes.

"Hm?" I mumbled.

"I thought I told you I would never date another girl again." He murmured causing me to frown, as he pulled over on the side of the road.

"That didn't stop you from having sex with one." I retorted sourly, diverting my gaze to look out the window, once I saw the guilt playing in his eyes. It was a low blow I know he had slept with that girl before he'd said he would stop seeing girls.

"I... Look Quinn, I... I can't tell you how much I wish I never went to bed with that girl. I wish I could, but I did it for a stupid reason. And I know I can't ask for your forgiveness and I'm not trying to make excuses but I didn't actually sleep with her but I... I guess the intention was there... I just... I... fuck!" He growled running a hand through his hair in frustration and I guess you could say despair. "I'm sorry Quinn I'm so sorry." 

"Why?" I gulped, not knowing if I wanted to hear the answer to my next question. "Why did you do it then?"

"I didn't know you were my mate." He began after a while of hesitation. "And I was mad and I hated myself because I didn't understand why I liked you so much." My heartbeat was increasing as I heard the heartache in his voice. "I was so worried that I was falling for you. I didn't want to like you because I know me and you could never be together. I was scared that one day your mate would come along and take you from me... I couldn't'... I couldn't live through that" He whispered, leaning his head back against his headrest. "So for some stupid reason, I thought sleeping with her would take my mind off you. I was drunk, she was there, and as I looked at her I realized she was the type of girl I was meant to be with. It's what people expect... it's what he would expect." He mumbled the end and I frowned. It was like he was talking to himself now and not to me.

"Who's he?" I questioned quietly. He looked at me then and my stomach twisted when I saw the unshed tears in his eyes. How could I be mad at him? He was tearing himself up about it enough without me adding to it.

"My dad." He frowned bitterly. "He... He..." He failed to explain, but he didn't have to, I got the idea. His dad would not approve of us. I would get him to talk to me about the situation further another time. For now, however, he had said enough.

"It's okay," I whispered and surprising even myself I reached across and placed my hand on his thigh.

-

I must have fallen asleep on the way home because I woke to Ethan opening the passenger door.

"Er sorry." I apologized, how could I fall asleep when I was with him? Sitting up I looked around to notice we were parked outside Alpha Klaus's pack house.

"Why are you apologizing? Have you had anything to eat tonight?" He asked and I shook my head, realizing how hungry I now was. We planned to grab something to eat after the movie, but obviously that didn't happen.

"Okay. I don't know what we have in but I'm sure we can find something."

I'd never been inside Alpha Klaus's pack house. It was average size and had a bachelor pad feel to it, with the black leather sofas, 'marvel' comics on the wall and a massive widescreen TV in the living room.

"Who else lives here?" I wondered aloud.

"Klaus, Nick and I, but at the moment it's only Nick." He shrugged as he buttered some toast. I had offered to help but he refused so instead I found myself sat on one of the kitchen stalls just watching him.