Happy Halloween!

-Your POV-

The cool fall breeze hit against my bare back as I began to feel my body start to wake up.

"Good morning baby." I hear as a warm arm wraps itself around my waist. I open my eyes to see Misaki smiling at me.

"Come on love, we need to get our pumpkins before the market closes for the day", He whispered before giving me a kiss on the forehead, "and we need to pick up all the groceries for tomorrow too." I let out a small groan before I started rolling out of bed. I laid my feet on the ground and crossed my arms over my chest as I headed towards our closet. Once I opened the closet door my eyes caught sight of Misaki's jacket hanging up. I slipped a pair of black ripped jeans on, slipped on a pair of socks, then looked for a plain off-white tee shirt, and then took Misaki's sweater.

Once I was done getting ready I walked out of our bedroom to see Misaki sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone. He was wearing a new jacket, it was black with light brown fur lining the edge of the hood, a white shirt underneath, beige ripped jeans, and red high tops. I sat down next to him and started to put on my shoes.

"You look nice today", I said smiling at him, he looked up from his phone and put it in his pocket, "ready to go?"

"Ready whenever you are", he replied playfully and leaned over giving me a kiss.

Our lips separated when I began to laugh playfully: "If we don't go now then we'll never leave." Misaki agreed then got off the couch making sure to offer me a hand to get up; we left after Misaki grabbed his skateboard and a reusable grocery bag, then made sure to lock the door behind us as we left for the elevator. As we reached the street Misaki set his skateboard down gracefully then bowed towards me raising his arm towards the board dramatically. I let out a laugh then put both feet on the skateboard as Misaki put one foot on and began pushing us forward.

Although we've done this so many times, I still get nervous and a great sense of adrenaline from how fast we get. I stood and closed my eyes; it was almost like I was flying. Almost.

This was the first time I've gone to the farmers market with Misaki, usually, he insists on going on his own. I saw all sorts of vegetables spread out from each vendor, I felt my body feel so small in such a big space.

"Come on (y/n), this way", Misaki grabbed my hand and brought me to a bunch of vendors; each having its own arrangement of goods. I didn't mind trailing behind him but once I started to feel my feet start to ache I got a bit (for a lack of better words) pissy.

"Are we almost done, Misaki?" I said trying my best to be nice. He spotted my brief annoyance, "Yeah almost, just one more." I let out a sigh and he looked back at me.

"I think you'll like this one Lovey", he cracked a smile at me.

The last vendor was fully stocked with pumpkins of all shades of orange and sizes. I squeezed Misaki's hand in excitement and began to pull his arm up and down.

"Let's get all of them." I let out with a straight face. Misaki looked down at me and laughed, he poked my cheek and told me, "How about you choose one, deal?" I puffed my cheeks and nodded my head.

It must've taken me forever for me to find the perfect pumpkin because once I was done Misaki was leaning against a metal lamp post looking like the weight of all the produce he bought was going to break through his arm.

"All done!" I said to Misaki as I stood in front of him with my pumpkin in my arms.

"Nice baby, let's buy it then head home." He took the pumpkin from my arms then went over to the vendor and purchased my pumpkin.

It took Misaki about half way home to give in and let me carry my pumpkin home. Though it took me about three "are you sure's" every ten minutes to give it back to him from the weight of the pumpkin numbing my arms.

"I should've gotten a smaller one", I grumbled. Misaki laughed.

"Just let me know if you want me to carry it, alright?" I nodded and smiled, he was so sweet.

"Home sweet home", I let out as I set down my pumpkin on the kitchen table as Misaki set down the bag of produce on the kitchen counter. I started to shake my arms and try to get the soreness fade away. As I started to turn away from the table I got a surprise hug from Misaki. "I love you, (y/n)."

"I love you too, Misaki." He picked me up and spun around with me in his arms.

"Let's start carving that pumpkin", Misaki said as he set me down. He walked over to a drawer to grab a knife and carefully brought it over to cut open the pumpkin.

"Do you want to do it, baby?" He asked me,  I shook my and sat down in one of the chairs.

"You do it, I don't want to mess it up." He grabbed the pumpkin and began to cut the top.

"All done", he said. I leaned forward and grabbed the stem pulling it from the body of the pumpkin and revealed all the pulp and seeds inside. I took a hand and began to pull out the pumpkin's guts and set it on the newspaper-covered table. As I was finishing up, Misaki started to collect seeds in a bowl; it brought me curiosity.

"How come you're getting the seeds?" I asked. He paused and looked at me.

"I'm going to bake them", he saw my confusion and smirked, "have you never had baked pumpkin seeds?"

I shook my head as he began to collect the rest of the seeds, "Well luckily, you'll get to try mine." I laughed and rolled my eyes as he took the seeds over to the sink. I looked back at the pumpkin and questioned what I should carve; Misaki seemed to read my mind when he asked, "Don't know what to carve?"

"I usually know by the time I'm done but I haven't figured it out yet," I replied.

"How about a cat, or a bat?" He suggested. I stared at the pumpkin and finally came up with an idea.

"What about our symbol?" I asked and turned to Misaki to see his expression. He shrugged and looked towards me, "That'd be cool, but that'd bring unwanted visitors to our door." The sudden realization hit me.

"Yeah, that'd be bad." I let out. I thought of another idea and drew it out a classic skeleton face, with a sinister smile and round eyes then began to carve it out.

"That looks nice baby", I felt Misaki rest his chin on my shoulder, "let's go set it on the balcony table."

We walked outside and I set the pumpkin down on the table. I set a tea light in it then lit it to reveal the scary skeleton's face.

"I love Halloween", I sighed as Misaki pulled me closer to him and brought me into a warm embrace.