Day at the Beach

-Your POV-
Walking to the beach was a little less tense than earlier. Now Saru and Yata were talking to each other, although it was every once in a while. Plus, instead of both of them avoiding eye contact, they would glance at each other every once in a while. The closer we got to the beach more excited I got.

When we finally got to the shore I could barely contain my excitement. By the look on Yata's face I could tell that we were both thinking the same thing, we dropped our things into Saru's arms then scrambled towards the water. We were half way there until we heard Fushimi yelling, "Guessin' you want to burn then?", he was holding sunscreen in his hand waving it in the air. Yata looked at me and I looked back at him, we both dragged our feet back towards Saru-chan who was setting up the umbrella. I picked up the sunscreen and filled my palm. I rubbed some sun screen on my face, arms, legs, and torso. I glanced over at the other two who were doing the same. As I finished up rubbing the sunscreen on my torso.

"Umm, Yata", I said poking him on the shoulder offering him the sunscreen, "could you rub some on my back."

-Yata's POV-

I took the sunscreen and let out a small portion on my palm, I felt like such a dumbass. Even after what we've experienced with each other I still get bashful around her. I was brought out of my thoughts when I saw Fushimi out of the corner of my eye, he was just giving me a smug smirk. I knew he could tell that I was the same boy from grade school; still extremely inexperienced with girls. The look he was giving me was irritating.

-Your POV-

As I heard Yata's voice my eyes fluttered open. "I'm done, (y/n)." I turned around to thank him and offered a quick smile. Our eye contact broke as Saru poked my shoulder.

"Race ya to the shore." I barely had registered what he had said before he had taken off. I jumped to my feet. I took ahold of Yata's hand to make him come along with me.

"Hey!" I yelled after him. "You're not being fair!" I felt my body speed up, wait..what, I looked down at my feet then up at Yata. He was
nearly as surprised as I was.

"Is that the fasted you can run (y/n)?" Saru teased as he started to run faster. I smirked and accepted his challenge.

"Not even!" I began to run faster and watched Saru's face as Yata and I ran past him.

"I didn't know you could use your little flames to run faster." Saru panted once he had caught up to us. He bend over putting his hands on his knees, I let out a small chuckle as I watched him try to catch his breath.

"Yeah, me neither."

Before I could stop him, Saru came up from behind me and picked me up. He spun us around to face the shore; Yata was watching us smiling. Fushimi set my back on my feet as Yata followed us into the water. We were all out of breathe from laughing so much, time seemed to pass by so quickly as we all jumped with the waves.

"I'm glad we did this", Yata said as we sat on the shore eating (favorite fruit) and watching the sun set. Saru gave a quick glance at Yata and smiled, "Yeah me too." I smiled at both of them and brought them closer for a group hug.

"We should probably get back home soon. Yata needs to get some sleep", I said. Yata kissed me on the cheek.

"Don't worry, (y/n), I'm fine." I looked at him and nodded my head.

"Okay if you say so~", I laid down on my back and looked up at the darkening sky and listened to Yata and Saru talking.

"We should come to the beach more often, (y/n)", Yata said then paused, "and with you too, Fushimi." Saru smirked back at Yata.

"Sure, hanging out with you guys is better than siting in headquarters." Fushimi laid next to me on the blanket; I looked at him and smiled. I looked back up at Yata and yawned

"You ready for bed, (y/n)?" My eyes start to feel heavy, "No, no I'm fi-"*yawn*-ne."

-Yata's POV-

I looked at (y/n) and asked her, "you still up?" I smirked and looked up at Fushimi, "I guess I can carry her, you mind carrying the bag and blanket?" Fushimi got a smug smirk.

"Sure you can carry her?" I started to pick up (y/n).

"I've got her." I deadpanned looking back at Fushimi who was starting to fold the blanket, "thanks for the offer." Fushimi gathered all of our things back into our bag and grabbed the folded blanket, we headed back to
(y/n)'s apartment and awkwardly walked in silence all the way there.