Golden Heart (Part 1)

-Your POV-

We made it to my apartment complex and I quickly ran up to my room. When I started walking to my door I noticed that the clothes I left with Saru were folded and were laying neatly in the center of my welcome mat. I picked the clothes up along with my sneakers that were underneath the clothing. My door was locked so I reached underneath my mat and grabbed my spare one. I unlocked the door and grabbed a comfortable pair of clothes then ran back down to the lobby where Yata was waiting for me. I anxiously waited for the elevator to hurry up, when the elevator finally dinged I slipped through elevator the doors and quickly walked over to Yata, who was glancing at his watch. I snuck up behind him and jumped onto his back and tightly squeezed onto him. He looked behind him looking at my smiling face, I got off of him and held his hand.

"We better hurry up", I said as I started to walk out of the lobby, "since I kinda took forever to change." Yata followed me with his cheeks starting to blush with a light shade of pink, as I walked outside I could feel the sun's rays on my skin. Yata had me piggyback and he started skating towards Homra. I looked up at Yata and the beautiful sky above us.

"It's a nice day."

Yata smiled and said, "Yeah it is."

He slowly slowed down as we rode up next to the Homra pub, I jumped onto my feet and smiled at Yata and he smiled back. We both walked in, he held the door open while I walked in. All I could hear when I entered was all the guys whistling which stopped as Yata walked in, Anna came up and hugged me.

"Hey Anna", I said as I looked into her large eyes. I looked around to try to find Izumo, "Do you know where Izumo is, Anna?" Anna shook her head yes and pointed upstairs. I smiled and said, "Thank you, Anna."

I gave her a high five. I looked back at Yata and waved for him to follow me. We headed upstairs and went to the door Izumo's bedroom. I knocked and asked, "Izumo, you in there?" I heard his voice clearly.

"Yes I am, come in." Yata and I entered unable to see anything. "Hey, ummm, why aren't your lights on?", I said as I started to back out of his room. I heard a squeaking sound then in an instant a knife was thrown and it was headed straight towards my face, I raised my hands in front of myself and I could see them to start to glow from my red aura. I nearly blocked the knife from reaching my forehead. Yata shouted, "What the hell! You could've hit her, why would you throw a knife directly at her?!?!" The lights turned on and I saw Izumo in the center of the room smiling, "Very good (y/n)", he looked at Yata then to me, "you seem to have a good sense of blocking but you need to be better at both dodging and combat."

I kept my eyes on him and tried to sound serious. "So what did you want to talk to us about?" Izumo replied by saying, "Well I needed to let you both know that for now on Yata will be your mentor, both Anna and I have decided that we can't have you out there with out any training", he smirked and continued, "and since you and Yata seem to be 'close' we figured that Yata would be the best mentor to teach you." Me and Yata both looked at each other and looked a little confused. "So you want me to teach (y/n) the basics of fighting?", Yata asked. It seemed that Yata was really worried but I wasn't quite sure.

-Yata's POV-

I wasn't sure if I needed to be thrilled or terrified. I really would like to show (y/n) how to fight and protect herself but I'm just worried. I can't stop thinking about these questions that, at the moment, won't leave my thoughts, What if I can't teach her everything she needs to know? What if I don't teach her properly? But if I do teach her properly, will she even need me anymore?

-Your POV-

I looked back at Izumo to make sure that this wasn't a joke, after a couple of seconds of silence I said, "So Yata, when do we start training?"